Wedding anniversaries | Lukasz Piszczek

"We need to leave now, Lukasz." Marco said to his teammate and patted his shoulder. "I'm sorry, sweetheart." Lukasz mumbled to the girl opposite to him and pulled her into a tight hug. "It's alright." She replied and quickly kissed her husband's cheek. "We can still celebrate our anniversary when you come back." She added and smiled, while she ran a hand through his hair. "I love you." The footballer whispered into her ear before turning around with a sad smile and walking into the plane with his teammates.
The next day Theodora woke up because her phone was ringing, signalling that she has gotten a message.

From: Lukasz♡
Happy anniversary, Mrs. Piszczek! I can't believe that our wedding was exactly one year ago, that the best day of my life was already one year ago, but this definitely was the best year of my life and I'm sure that there are many, many more years for us to come, sweetheart.
I'm sorry that I can't be with you today, but I'll make sure to take you out as soon as I'm back and I'll also make sure to score a goal for you today, my beautiful wife.
I love you with all my heart.

A big smile formed on Theodora's face, while she was reading the message from her husband. Of course, she was also a bit disappointed that she couldn't celebrate her first wedding anniversary with Lukasz, but she knew that this game was very important for her husband and his teammates. As she didn't really know what to do today she decided to just watch a bit of TV, but she was disturbed by the bell ringing. Groaning, she got out of the bed and walked downstairs to open the door, but there just was a big box standing in front of her. Being absolutely confused, Theodora looked around, but nobody was there. Shrugging her shoulders slightly, she took the box inside the house with her. She quickly opened the box and smiled as she saw a paper laying on top of a few things.

I hope you like my presents, sweetheart.
I love you with all my heart.
~Lukasz

Her smile growing even wider she took the first object out of the box; it was a picture frame with a picture of their first anniversary and a few tears started to form in Theodora's eyes as she exactly remembered that day; Lukasz had taken her out to a fancy restaurant and afterwards they had sat together at a river, talking about everything. It truly was one of the days that they both loved to remember because it also had been the day they both had moved in together on.
Smiling, she pulled the next object out of the box; it was a dress and as she took a closer look at it she noticed that it was the one she had always wanted to buy, but never did because it was too expensive. The last object inside of the box was a bouquet of red roses, her favorite flowers. Theodora quickly put them into a vase and went upstairs to change into her new dress before typing an answer to her husband.

To: Lukasz♡
Happy anniversary to you, too, baby. You know I love you more than everything and I'm incredibly proud to call you my husband.
Thank you so much for this past years we've spend together; there are even more to come for us, Lukasz. And also thank you so much for the presents; I truly love all of them.
Good luck for the game tonight; I know you'll win it.
I love you.

After replying Theodora went out to eat something with some of her friends and going shopping before coming back home to watch the Dortmund boys play against their rivals, Bayern. Thankfully, she still had some time before the game started and she decided to call Lukasz and wish him good luck for the game again. After some time Lukasz finally picked up. "Hey, sweetheart." He said, making his wife smile brightly again. "Hey, Lukasz. I just called to wish you good luck again." She replied, making a smile appear on his face, too. "Thank you." He replied and took a deep breath. "I wish you were here today." Theodora mumbled, running a hand through her hair. "Yes, me, too. I miss you." Lukasz replied, but before he could say something else, his teammate, Marco tapped his shoulder. "We need to go now." He said and Lukasz quickly nodded before turning back to his phone. "I need to go now." He explained. "Alright, good luck." His wife replied, quickly turning the TV on. "I love you." Lukasz said, hanging up before Theodora could reply.
She hurried up the stairs and quickly changed into her BVB jersey with 'Mrs. Pizczek' on the back. Sadly, nothing exciting happened the whole game, until Marco Reus got the ball from one of Bayern's defenders in the 90th minute and quickly passed it to Lukasz, who then scored a beautiful goal, making his wife cheer like crazy at home. Before his teammates could pull him into a hug he first made a 'T' and then a heart sign with his hands, dedicating the goal to his wife, just like he promised in his message to her. And although Lukasz wasn't with Theodora today she was absolutely happy because she knew that no matter what she could always count on him.

This one is for @xotheodora
I really hope you like it (: