I'm here for you | Erik Durm

"I'm here for you, Nina, no matter what happens, remember that."

A few tears escaped my eyes again as I thought about Erik's words. He told me that he'd always be here for me, but somehow he's away everytime I need him. He had promised me to dry my tears whenever I cry, but he never did, he always acted as if he didn't see them. A few more tears ran down my cheek as I starred at the picture in front of me; it was of Erik and me on our two year anniversary, he was kissing my cheek and I was smiling like an idiot.
"I miss you." I whispered and right in this moment the door opened and Erik came into our apartment. "I'm home, Schatz." He said and smiled as he walked into the living room, but his smile faded as he saw that I was sitting on the ground, crying. "What's wrong, Nina?" He asked, but I just shrugged my shoulders instead of answering. Erik sat down beside me and put his arms around me. "I don't know." I whispered after a while of silence, making him frown slightly. "If you don't know what's wrong, why are you crying?" He questioned, but I just shrugged my shoulders again. "I don't know." I repeated my words from earlier, while Erik ran a hand through his hair in frustration.
"If you don't tell me what's wrong I can't help you, Schatz." He stated and looked into my eyes before placing his hand on my cheek. "It makes me sad to see you sad." He added and gazed at the ground. "Please just..." He started, but I cut him off. "If you never understand me I don't know why you're even with me anymore." I said, making him sigh deeply. "I'm with you because I love you, Nina. Believe me or not, but I truly care about you." He stated and softly took my hand. "You're never here for me." I whispered quietly and pulled my hand out of his grip. "Don't you see that I'm trying my best to always help you and be here for you? I'm spending every single minute of my free time with you and I try to cheer you up everytime you cry." He said and made wild gestures with his hands.
"I never knew it's so hard for you to be with me." I stated and slowly stood up. "You're never here, you're always out with your teammates and you don't even care about me anymore, nobody does." I said and was about to storm out of our apartment, but Erik grabbed my arm to stop me. "Let me prove you that I care about you more than anything else." He said and stood up before walking towards me. "I love you, Nina. Why can't you understand that?" He questioned and took my hand, while he was looking directly into my eyes. Before I could reply, he softly pressed his lips to mine. "C'mon, Schatz." He said after we broke apart and guided me out of our apartment. We walked through Dortmund in silence for a moment and I couldn't help, but stare at the beautiful sky and at the stars.
"We're there." Erik stated after a while and I noticed that we were at the exact place we had met at nearly three years ago; we stood on a small bridge and gazed up at the stars. "I still remember as I ran into you, while you were standing here, looking up at the stars." Erik said after a while and took my hand again. "That day has changed my life." He stated and kissed me again. "I know that I'm not always here for you and I'm so sorry about that, Schatz, but please don't think that I don't care about you because you are the most important human in my life and without you I'd be nothing. You mean everything to me, Nina." Erik whispered and tears started to form in my eyes again. "You're too good for me." I replied, but he quickly shook his head. "That's not true." He said and ran a hand through his hair again. "I love you so, so much." He added, finally making me smile. "I haven't seen you smile in days." He stated and I saw his smile growing as I leaned in and pressed my lips to his. "I love you, too." I said as we broke apart and he took my hand to guide me back to our apartment.

"You are the most important human in my life, Nina, no matter what, remember that."

This one is for @CrankyNewtmas
I hope you enjoyed it (: