Finally | Ben Chilwell

"Oh, sorry," Lauren said as her phone interrupted the conversation she was having with her friends, "It's Ben."

After talking to him quietly for a while, she turned to them again, a small smile visible on her lips.

"When are you two finally going to make of official?" Her best friend asked, making her raise her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" She questioned, crossing her arms in front of her chest as her friends started chuckling.

"That you two are dating," Y/B/F stated, rolling her eyes, when Lauren shook her head.

"We aren't dating, we are just friends," She said, but she knew her friends weren't going to believe her.

"With a few benefits," One of them mumbled, giggling as Lauren hit her playfully.

"Sure," She replied sarcastically, running a hand through her hair, "Anyway, I'm going to meet him now. See you guys later."

"Bye, Lauren. Go and get the boy," She heard them shouting before she started her way towards the training grounds.

After walking for about fifteen minutes, she finally arrived, getting in without any problems since everybody here knew her.

Leaning against the barricade, she immediately spotted Ben who was passing a ball with a few of his teammates.

"Lauren!" He exclaimed with a smirk, when she saw her watching him.

Ignoring the shouting from his coach, he ran towards her and pulled her into a quick hug.

"I didn't think you'd be here so soon," He stated, gesturing with his hands for his teammates to continue without him.

"Well," She replied, shrugging her shoulders, "I thought I could watch you playing for some time. I didn't know you'd be so nervous about it."

"Why would I be nervous?" He questioned, playfully rolling his eyes at her, while she started chuckling.

"Don't try playing it cool, Chilwell, I know you can't keep your cool around me," She stated, winking at him.

"Keep on dreaming," He answered before running back towards his friends, immediately receiving a pass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What was wrong with you today?" Ben's coach asked him as he wrapped an arm around his shoulder, pulling him to the side.

"I'm sorry, it's just not my day today," He mumbled, forcing himself to smile before quickly walking towards Lauren.

"What did your coach want?" She questioned teasingly, "Did he notice you're completely untalented?"

"No," He replied, glaring down at her after crossing him arms in front of his chest, "He told me I was playing great today."

"Sure," She answered sarcastically, "Something was off with you today, I just don't know what."

"There's nothing wrong with me," He stated, starting to nervously scratch the back of his neck after shrugging his shoulders.

"You know you can tell me," She said, resulting in him acting as if he was thinking about it.

"Well," He started, acting serious before chuckling slightly, "What am I supposed to tell you if nothing's wrong?"

Lauren was about to reply something, but she was cut off by one of Ben's teammates.

"Did you ask her already?" He questioned, laughing as Ben's eyes went wide, "I'm taking that as a 'no'."

"Shut up, idiot," The Englishman stated, playfully hitting his teammate's head, causing him to leave, but not before rolling his eyes.

"What was he talking about?" Lauren asked as her friend turned around to face her again after taking a deep breath.

"You know, the two of us have been 'friends' for quite some time now," He started, fiddling with his fingers, which kind of made Lauren nervous.

"And what's the problem?" She questioned, raising her eyebrows as he looked at the ground for a moment before looking up at her again.

"Maybe...," He said, struggling to find the right words, "maybe we could also go out some time, like go on a real date."

It was silence for a while after those words had been said, making him fear the worst.

"I thought you'd never ask," Lauren breathed out after what felt like forever, her eyes lightening up and her smile mirroring his.

"Is that a yes?" The footballer asked, just to make sure that he wasn't dreaming.

"Yes, you idiot," She clarified, rolling her eyes, while wrapping her arms around his neck.

Without a second thought, she leaned in, placing her lips on top of his.

"Finally."

This one shot is for -chilwells
I really hope you like it👼💙