Rumors | John Stones

Y/N was happily walking through the streets of Liverpool; it was a sunny day and she knew that her boyfriend has got the whole day off, so they could finally spend some time together again. Suddenly, her phone started to ring and a bright smile found it's way onto her face as she saw that John was calling her. "Hey, baby." She greeted him after picking up. He didn't say something for a while, which made Y/N frown slightly. "Are you alright, John?" She asked and stopped walking. "Don't act like you care about me. I know everything." He stated and although he tried to stay strong, Y/N could hear that he was crying. "What are you talking about? Why are you crying?" She asked, being completely confused. "Why did you do that?" John asked after a while, not caring to answer her questions. "Why did I do what, John?" Y/N questioned, still having no clue what he was talking about. "Don't act like you didn't do anything. I've seen the pictures." He said, a lot of bitterness audible in his voice.
Y/N shook her head repeatedly and was about to say something, but John cut her off. "It's over. We're over." He whispered into the phone before hanging up. A few tears started to form in Y/N's eyes as she kept on asking herself what he was talking about. She continued her way towards the apartment she shared with her boyfriend, hoping that it was just a joke and that he was happily waiting for her at home. As she walked past a kiosk, she finally saw the reason he was so mad; there was a picture of her and some other guy in the newspaper with the title 'Everton's top player being cheated on by his longtime girlfriend'. Y/N's eyes widened as she read those words and she stepped closer to take a look at the picture, which showed her and one of her friends. 'This is absolutely ridicules' She thought and shook her head again, how could the media's make up such a story just because she was spending some time with her friends?
She quickly took her phone out of her pocket and tried to call John, but he didn't pick up, so she put her phone away and started to run towards their apartment. She quickly opened the door and walked into every room, but John wasn't there. Cursing something under her breath, she sat down on the couch and put her head in her hands. 'How can he think I'm cheating?' She quietly asked herself. Y/N took her phone out again and wrote a message to him, hoping he would believe her.

To: John♡
Please believe me, John, I would never cheat on you. I love you so, so much and it hurts that you really think I would do such a thing. I love you with all my heart and I would never hurt you, so please believe me when I say that the media made up the story and that the guy on the picture is just one of my friends. I hope you come back home.

After sending the message, Y/N tried to call some of John's teammates, but nobody picked up. She leaned back and impatiently tapped her fingers on the table in front of her, hoping that he would come home soon. After a while of waiting she walked into their bedroom and changed into one of John's jerseys, making a small smile form on her lips. Just as she walked back into the living room her boyfriend walked into the apartment with his head hanging low. Y/N's eyes widened slightly as she realized how much he must have cried. "John." She whispered, making him look up at her. She walked towards him and softly took his hand, but he backed away. "Please believe me." Y/N stated and looked directly into his sad eyes. "I love you so, so much." She said and ran a hand through her hair. "What can I do to prove you that I would never hurt you like this?" She asked, but he just shook his head.
"I would do everything for you, Stones." She said and smiled slightly. "I'm hopelessly in love with you." She whispered, making him smile because these were the exact words he had said to her before their first kiss. Without thinking about it, John wrapped his arms around her waist and placed a soft kiss on her lips. "I love you, too." He stated, making Y/N smile brightly. "I'm sorry for believing what the newspapers said." He added and placed one of his hands on her cheek, while she ran her hands through his hair before they both leaned in and shared a passionate kiss. "I'm truly, madly, deeply in love with you."

This one shot is for @xxrxnrxmsxy
I really hope you like it and sorry for not updating for such a long time (: