Part 15

After her shower she decided to go for a walk. It was nice outside and she was tired of being trapped indoors after over a day travelling on the plane. Luckily by this time the fans had left and so her path was clear. She wandered around thinking about how different things were to when she had been a human. Women were much more free, equals in fact which had not been true when she was younger as evidenced by the fact she had never been educated until the institute made education compulsory only fifty years previous.

Time passed quickly as she wandered around and soon the sun was rising. The sky was a burnt orange colour reminding her of the first time she had been in the sun not many days earlier. The same day as she had been adopted and her entire life had been changed. She could hear people beginning to stir in their homes, breathing patterns changing as they got up to begin their days. It was beautiful, standing in the middle of a city. Cars travelling past with their occupants hurrying to get to places, to do things they felt were important. It was while she was noticing all the small details around her that she missed the green van come up behind her. Someone grabbed her and then she was in darkness.

That morning when the boys awoke Grace was nowhere to be seen. They searched for a while but had to leave to get to their first concert venue on time.

“I’m sure she’s fine.” Zayn sighed nervously, as he wasn’t protecting her he couldn’t sense her location.

“Yeah, we should head off. She will probably be here when we get back.” Liam reasoned hopefully trying to persuade himself as much as anyone else.

They headed to the arena where they were to be performing and had still not heard anything from Grace.

“Shall I text her?” Niall asked feeing slightly bemused by the fact no one else had thought to do so any earlier.

“Brilliant, yes please do.” Liam smiled relief flooding his features at the thought of being in contact with Grace again. They began practising for their concert, going over last minute ideas all the while listening out for the sound of Niall’s phone.

After half an hour of waiting for a reply a text finally came through.

<She’s with me now, forget about her.> is all it said.

<Who are you? What have you done with her?”> Niall typed in, the boys were now beginning to panic.

<Her creator, she is mine.> Came the reply. Nobody could see a positive side in what they had discovered and they all just wanted to find a way to get Grace back.