Part 17

Twists and turns, too many to count as I was dragged along the corridor. The rooms seemed to be so dark that any light was sucked into the shadows, it felt completely evil.

"Stay here."The woman instructed, dropping my hand and stepping through a door that even with my enhanced vision, I had to squint to see it. Once she was through I was unable to hear her at all, it was terrifying after so many years of relying on my senses to realise that they did not work for me here.

"You may come through," the woman said stepping out of the room and gesturing for me to enter.

__________________________________________________________________

The boys looked at each other nervously.

"Zayn, do you have any ideas on where she could be?" Niall asked hopefully.

"No, as she is new to the group I have not yet incorporated her into my protectorate." He replied sadly. " I should have done so but I didn't think she was in any danger."

"It's not your fault Zayn, we could never have guessed that something like this would happen to her, especially this soon." Liam said comfortingly.

"What do you mean by protectorate?" Harry asked.

"It's my group of people I am in charge of protecting, I have my main group which is you but I can add others such as your families and friends. They are not as well protected but I do have some power to look after them once they are added." Zayn explained. "Tracking is the main one, I could have found her wherever she is if I had added her."

"Zayn, stop blaming yourself." Liam said sternly. "This is no one's fault but whoever took her, we will find her and things will be okay."

"You can't promise that Liam." Zayn sighed but nodded.

"For now, all we can do is tell someone, the police, then get on with the concert." Louis said. "We have to find her, she may be way older than us but she is still learning this world. She needs us."

"Let's get ready." Liam nodded.

____________________________________________________________

The room we entered was warm. An eerie glow was cast along the far wall by a large fire crackling ferociously. Books lined the walls, every spaced filled with old tomes and parchment.  In the background I could hear the occasional turn of a page or a scrape of a chair, too far back for me to see the people doing so. 

"Welcome to the library." An old man smiled looking up at me.

"This is amazing." I said looking around trying to see the titles but realising that most were too worn to read and some were in languages that were no longer used today.

"Come with us, there is a scroll you must see." The woman who had dragged me down here said, shuffling a few pieces of parchment into a pile and pushing them towards me.

Stepping closer, I looked down at the rolls and noticed all of them looked the same with only a few key differences.  The most complete scroll read; "She is coming, The one who will bring light to the darkness, who will end the rein of terror we live in, she comes, she who walks in the light while others of her kind cower from it, she who will live with the humans and the angel who fell, will lift us all to the new world."

That was pretty much the gist of all the scrolls, a few had an extra line or was missing something but they all said she is coming.

"This is about me?" I asked looking stunned. I was an ordinary girl, well, apart from being undead, I had never done anything special. This couldn't be about me.

"We believe you are the one who will save us. You walk in the sun yet you are undead. You said you lived with humans till you were taken, you must be the one." The man said hopefully.

"I also live with a fallen angel." I sighed knowing it would likely prove to these people that this was about me. "What do I need to do?"

"You will help?"

"Well, it doesn't seem like anyone is too happy about being here. If I can help I will."