Part 33

Louis POV:

My foggy world was full of pain- my ribs smarted with every breath, my lungs burned, head pounding and back throbbing. It was a 'my hair hurts' kind of day, I just wanted the pain to end. A sharp pain in my stomach caused me to gasp but this just set another wave of agony through me. 

The more I tried to take a deep breath the more it hurt and caused panic to set in. I tried to yell for help yet all that I managed was a small, feeble whimper. 

"Hey, just take small breaths and try to relax." a voice said calmly above me. I could feel someone gently smoothing my hair away from my face. "You have three broken ribs so it will be painful to breath for awhile." 

The cool, soothing hand on my forehead lulled me back to sleep. 

Niall POV:

Harry was trying to distract me but my panic was bubbling to the surface. Louis almost constant moaning and whimpering made it difficult to focus on anything but the pain my friend was going through. Zayns constant muttering didn't help much either seeing as a curse word made it into almost every sentence. 

"Things will get better Niall" Harry tried to comfort me seeing my distress. 

"I know, but Louis isn't doing so good right now, don't try and lie to me about it either." I glared at him causing him to raise his arms in surrender. 

"Wasn't going to, it's obvious they hurt him really bad." Harry sighed. "There is nothing we can do right now but stay out of Zayns way and let him do his job."

"I know, it doesn't make it any easier though, I want to kill the people who hurt him." my voice broke at the end of the sentence as I choked, trying to keep a sob from breaking to the surface. 

"It's going to be okay," Harry smiled gently. I nodded but didn't truly believe a word he had said. 

A few hours later I was woken by Zayn shaking me awake. 

"Someone is coming," He mumbled before moving back towards Louis and trying to hide him.

He heard footsteps and a group of guards entered my vision a few seconds later, they were well armed and I knew there was no way we would be able to escape them even when we were out of the cell. 

"Come with us, the King wants to see you." The only unarmed person in the group said. 

Zayn helped Louis to stand up and we all walked slowly out of the cell.  The guards formed a circle around us and began to march us up through the castle. 

We were pushed into a room with a warm fire being the only source of light. The room smelled of cinnamon and sandalwood. I stumbled as a guard forced his way out of the room and my knees hit the cold stone floor. My shoulder ached from where the guard had bashed into me but I forced myself to ignore it and stand. I looked around and saw two people on the other side of the room. 

The man didn't rise from his seat, but kept his gaze fixed firmly on the girl. The girl however, was looking at them. Squinting a bit, through the dim light,  I gasped in shock.

"Grace!?"