Part 26

Liam POV

I didn't want to do this but as soon as Harry charged I knew, there was no stopping it.

I pulled out my bow, a weapon I had thought a joke but was now grateful for, and set an arrow in it. It took strength to pull back the string but I managed to get it sorted. The arrow flew flew the air, a myriad of emotions running through me as I saw where it was headed. It hit one of the creatures straight through the head and my stomach lurched as I watched the creature fall, twitching a few times once it had crashed to the ground before becoming completely still.

I had killed a creature, it made me feel incredibly sick and I wanted to sit down but, my friends were in danger.

The creatures were closing in, they were clicking madly, obviously upset with the death of their comrade. My bow and arrows were quickly losing the chance to be of any use and so reluctantly, I pulled out my sword and dropped the bow and arrows on the ground. They would only frustrate me if I was trying to use my sword and they were still on my person.

HArry, I could see him viciously fighting one of the creatures while Zayn was surrounded by four and seemed to only just be keeping them at bay. I gulped, Zayn struggling meant this was going to be a bloodbath. Niall and Louis were still with me, we had four to fight and I really hoped they were more confident with a sword then I am or we are screwed.

Ten minutes into the fight and all I can say is; I hurt.

The sword is becoming heavier every second and each time I am hit my skin burns. I don't think there is anywhere on my body which doesn't hurt, most of my left side is covered in blood and the familiar sting on my cheek showing how close I had come to being fatally injured. I finally understood what it meant by a 'my hair hurts' type of day. This was awful and I couldn't believe that I was actually in this situation.

Hearing Niall yell, I turned to see him stumble backwards and drop his sword. The creature he had been fighting seemed gleeful as it clicked happily and dived down towards Niall, its sharp teeth aiming for his arm. In slow motion, I felt myself throw my sword and it soared through the air grazing the creatures back.

"Oh no." I moaned. That was the stupidest idea I'd had in a long time. Unarmed and three of the creatures had their attention directly on me.

I was glad to have given Niall a few seconds longer but now they were coming for me. I only had a few seconds warning before I felt their sharp claws piercing into my chest.