Part 24

A/N: I said I wouldn't be updating but I have managed to take over my grandparents computer for a short while. About to have people over for Wigelia (Polish Christmas Eve celebrations, 12 course meal) but thought I should try to update while I had the chance. Hope you have a great Christmas x 

The plan was set for early morning, two days from now.  Today, the courtyard was empty. The deserted stones, smooth and pale in the light of the sun only made it seem more peaceful. It couldn't have hidden the truth more perfectly.

Inside Grace sat at a small table reading over the plans once again. Something seemed off to her, why was she the only person who was in the firing line?
"Have you eaten?" A young girl asked walking into the room.
"Not yet, I was up till three looking over this so I am not quite awake enough to even feign an interest at this moment."Grace responded.
"I heard, some of the lower rank are spreading the word that you are more studious than our elder Sir Devereaux." The girl grinned.
"Not sure about that but I'll let you know if I think there is a chance."
"Please do, it would be nice to be ahead of the others for once, even for such a trivial matter."
Grace just nodded her head in simple acceptance.
"The matter I come to you about now is not so pleasant, I'm afraid that the master has sent for you to join him for their dinner." the girl was truly apologetic.
"Thank you for telling me, I shall make my way there in a timely manner in which I shall be very late and frustrate him as much as possible." Grave responded.
"Oh yes, you better hurry off then. Only twelve detours for you to make on the way."

A timely manner was forty minutes later when Grace finally felt hungry enough to eat. 
"Where have you been? I ordered you here over half an hour ago!"He yelled. 
Ï don't do orders sorry, I'm hungry now though so there was a point to coming." Grace shrugged. She was fed up with the vampires here thinking they were so much better than her. 
"You follow my orders when under my roof." He spat menacingly, or he tried to, it just made Grace giggle due to the fact he really spat, all over his guests. 
"You forced me here, I'm a prisoner, I do what I wish." Grace sighed. "Can I eat or are you withholding food now too?"
"Can't have you go into a blood lust otherwise I would."He sneered and began to eat again, rather messily.
"Gross."Grace thought sitting as far from him as it was possible to at the small table. 

Once food was finished and Grace was suitably disturbed by their eating, the dishes were cleared away being replaced by a document. 
"I'm guessing you wouldn't know what this is?" He said, grinning.
"Nope," Grace sighed incredibly over it already. 
"A list of every person who has ever entered these lands, guess who has appeared on here recently." 
"Your mother? If that's the case you may want to try and clean up your eating." Grace replied snarkily, this was completely pointless.
He ignored what she said and continued.
"Actually, your new family members. They were stupid enough not to listen to my warning." He was looking incredibly smug now. 
"I don't believe you." Grace said, crossing her arms and hoping that her adopted family hadn't been stupid enough to come to this place. 
His smirk became larger.
"Bring them in!"