Part 7

A/N Sorry this took so long and that it's so short, been working a lot recently and have managed to get glandular fever (Not fun). Hope you enjoy and I shall try update again shortly. Happy New year!!

As the sun rose Grace sat on her window sill staring out; she couldn’t believe that at the same time the day before she still called the orphanage home. Now she was in a new place, she had people who seemed to care about her and for the first time in a long time; she felt alive.  

Although light had just begun to fall there was still a lot of noise around the town, cars driving towards unknown destinations, babies crying, and cats mewling. The wind was also beginning to pick up causing the leaves on trees to rustle, she could feel a storm coming.

She looked towards the backyard, the soft green grass punctuated by five fruit trees. Small flowers adorned these trees signalling the coming of summer and the tasty fruits Grace once enjoyed. As she continued to watch raindrops began to fall gently, small rivers forming on the windowpane in front of her. Once, when she was still on the mortal coil this would have all seemed amazing to her, everything had seemed new to her at a time. Now she had seen this many times, immortality was not the same as many people thought. She could not truly live; the thrill was gone.

The clock in her room flicked over, illuminating the room slightly before dimming again. It was already six in the morning, the boys were getting up slowly. She could hear the floor creaking every so often and someone was down in the kitchen. Her time of pondering the beauty of mortal life was over.

Downstairs the boys all seemed to have gravitated to the kitchen.

“Morning all.” Grace said smiling at the startled boys, they obviously hadn’t expected her to be awake so early.

“Good morning Grace, did we wake you?” Liam asked.

“No, I have been awake some time now. Is there a reason you are up so early though?” She inquired hoping to be polite but coming out more forward than she had planned.

“We have an interview and need to leave the house by seven, you are welcome to join us if you like.” Liam replied. “Just so long as you eat some breakfast.” He said the last part while trying to stop Niall eating all the cereal that was left.

“Sounds good,” Grace laughed stealing Niall’s bowl and proceeding to eat his food.

“You’re dead now.” Louis chirped in.

“I know, but it was worth it!” Grace replied feeling confident suddenly.

“That was my food.” Niall pouted before grinning evilly and trying to throw an egg in Grace’s direction.

Grace easily avoided the egg with her heightened senses but watched as it hit Harry resulting in an all-out war; Liam taking the brunt of it when he tried to intervene.

Somehow, everyone was ready to go when the doorbell rang forty minutes later and they were able to head out to the interview without too much of a problem.