Part 20

"It's been three days, why haven't we heard anything?" Louis asked.

"I don't know, this isn't a normal situation at any rate." Liam sighed.

"I think I know where she may be." Zayn said nervously.

"Where?" Niall looked up eagerly, he hadn't eaten properly since Grace was taken, it was really taking a toll on him.

"I believe she may have been taken to the hidden lands; a place no human has been for many years." Zayn's voice shook slightly as he explained. " It would be the only place that she would be completely blocked from me."

"Can we get there?" Niall asked.

"I said that no human has been there in many years and you ask if you can go?"Zayn shook his head and rolled his eyes in mock despair.

"Can we get there?" Harry asked, he didn't like Zayn's non answer at all.

"I'm not sure you guys should come, it's dangerous." Zayn looked defeated; knowing that they would insist on going no matter what.

"We're coming, I'm not leaving her in a place she doesn't know." Louis said stubbornly. " She is family and we don't leave family behind."

"I agree." Harry agreed.

Zayn sighed, knowing the danger they were putting themselves in by just thinking about going let alone actually making there way there. His shoulders slumped as the rest of the boys nodded their agreement.

"Alright, pack light, comfortable clothing and food. It's a wilderness out there and we are not going to be able to find food easily." Zayn ordered before pulling out his phone and dialling a number he never thought he would have to ring.

"Fallen Angel hotline, how can I help you?"A young woman said appearing in the room as soon as Zayn had finished dialling.

"I'm going to need weapons. I'm taking humans to the hidden lands to rescue our adopted vampire daughter." Zayn said calmly but smirking slightly as the woman's face changed from blank to complete shock in seconds.

"Humans?" She asked, staring at him as if he was totally crazy. not that he could completely disagree with that notion if he continued on with this plan.

"Yes, four of them." He nodded.

"You need permission from the head garrison, they will not allow this suicide mission." She hissed vehemently.

"I'm sure they won't but they have no say seeing as it is a member of my protectorate I am going to rescue." He glared. "I do know the rules and I would not have asked for help so openly if I was breaking any of our laws."

"Fine, I'll send down some weapons but this is on your head." She said and disappeared leaving a pile of weapons in her wake.

________________________________________________________________________

"Woah," Harry yelled as he came bounding down the stairs, backpack slung over his right shoulder.

"Don't touch anything." Zayn said sternly as Harry reached out for the closest sword.

"But...." Harry trailed off at Zayn's glare and sat at the foot of the stairs.

Zayn stepped closer to where the largest stockpile of swords lay and crouched down to look at what they had.

"Which one will you be using?"

"Been trained in everything, I'll take a small dagger but most likely use the English longsword."He explained pointing to his weapons of choice and moving to slide the dagger into a sheath at his wrist. The English longsword was the one he had trained with the most and felt the most comfortable wielding, he slid it out and spun it in his hand to test the weight and how well the grip worked for him.

"Perfect." He grinned feeling the feral side he usually kept hidden, spring free.

"Er Zayn, that grin is kinda creepy." Niall said standing slightly behind Harry. Zayn hadn't even noticed his coming down the stairs.

"I apologise, this brings back my memories of training and my instincts are slightly closer to the surface."

"It's fine, just try not to smile too much." Harry grinned happily. "Can I have that one?" he then asked pointing at a heavy mace.

"Have you ever had any weapons training?" Zayn looked at him with his eyebrow raised.

"No...." Harry sighed.

"If you can lift that then go for it, easy to use, just swing." Zayn smirked knowing he would struggle to get it off the ground. He was right, Harry barely lifted it.

"I think you would be more suited to a frying pan." Niall said laughing but a look from Zayn quickly silenced him as he realised he was up next.

"Try this, it's a rapier. Good for thrusting, I know you're good at that." Zayn smirked causing Harry to glare and Niall to continue his laughing fit.

Begrudgingly Harry took the Rapier and began to swing it madly.

"Urg, I'll let you go without if you do that much longer," Zayn sighed. "I'm sure I said thrust and i was sure you had enough practise with it to know what that meant."

"I don't know what you are talking about." Harry said, sticking out his tongue but he did start using the sword in a semi decent manner.

"Better," Zayn nodded before turning to Niall. "How about you then?"

"Err, I know how to use a lance.... But only in the game fire emblem." Niall said looking wide eyed at all the weapons. He suddenly wasn't so enthused about them all.

"Not very effective unless you want to lose your weapon early on, only good for one or two uses if you are lucky. I'd suggest something more along the lines of a hunting sword." Zayn said handing over a shortish sword. "The swords both of you have are one-handed swords and so that leaves your other hand free. They are also much lighter than some of the traditional two handed swords."

Niall was looking at the sword in wonder.

"This one also has a slight knuckle bow which will protect your fingers." Zayn pointed out before turning back to the pile and searching for something that Louis and Liam may be able to use.

"I don't want to use this." Niall sighed.

"Lets hope you don't have to." Zayn sighed. "The hidden lands were hidden for a reason though Ni, they are dark and dangerous. Creatures which were banished from Earth roam freely, I'm nervous about going there let alone taking you guys with me."

"We have to save her though." Harry said. "Danger or not."

"This is a suicide mission." Zayn sighed watching as Niall almost sliced his own arm open with his sword.

"No, it's a mission of hope, we need to do something to save her." Liam said coming down the stairs. "We need her back."

Zayn closed his eyes and breathed deeply. "Alright, please just listen to me when we get there though."

"We will," Liam agreed on behalf of everyone. "Anything we can do to help now?"