•The Nightmare Begins

*One week later*/ *At the sandlot*

-Sapphire-
We were playing baseball in the sandlot. Today was pretty different. Mac got a different kind of bat for his birthday. It was made of aluminum. That bat was solid. He finally did what no one had been able to do before.

For the most of it, I was concentrating on Tarqell. He was positioned in second base while I was in third. He was looking cute today. His outfit was just... whoo it's getting hot. Okay, I need to get all that fineness out of my head and go back to what I was saying. Alright, so Hayley pitched the ball, and Mac swung very hard. This time, the ball went in Mr. Mertle's backyard. It was phenomenal.

"Yeah!" Mac yelled in victory. "Are you taking notes?"

"Ooh get it, Mac. That hit was solid." I said, cheering him on and holding my fist up to do the 'solid' sign.

"I am a dynamite!" He said happily. Then he asked Johnnie if he saw that as he was still running to the bases. "Saw what?" Johnnie asked.

"That homer. Kid, it was far out. I'll get the ball back and I'll hit another one so you can see."

"That was incredible. I get to try the bat next, Mac." Saul said.

"We can get the ball back. There's got to be some way over that wall." Hayley said.

We were running towards the wall to get the ball until Johnnie yelled, "No! Stop!" Then he started running after us.

"Guys, over here." Hayley directed as she started to get on top of a car. She was about to climb, but Johnnie pushed her real quick.

"What are you all doing?!" He yelled.

"What are we all doing? Smalls, you're the one freaking out." Mac said.

"Bucky, you're acting a fool. Just step aside so we can get our ball." Saul said, stepping up to push Johnnie out the away.

"It's Johnnie, and I said stay back!" He set up his fists in defense. I have never seen him this mad.

"You better chill with those, Smalls." I said.

"Yeah. You might wanna put those away before you hurt yourself." Mac warned.

Johnnie calmed down and said, "Oh, my gosh. None of you knows."

"Knows about what?" Tarqell asked.

"Tarqell, you said you guys have only been coming here together for, like, a year, right?"

Tarqell nodded his head.

"And, David, you said no one's ever hit a ball over the junk wall, right?"

"Right. Mac's the first." David replied.

"Johnnie, what in the hell are you babbling about?" Saul asked.

"The Great Fear!" He said. "Spawned by the Beast."

"Go over there real slowly, and look through that old dryer." He instructed. We all attempted to go over there, but Johnnie warned, "No, no, no. Only one."

We all looked at each other to see who will go. Sammy went up for it. We watched as he crouched down and peeped over the dryer. He screamed and got back up. He looked really scared.

Saul asked him, "What was that thing?!"

"The Great Fear." Johnnie informed.

"Like, what does that mean, 'The Great Fear'?" Tarqell asked.

"It's a long story." Johnnie replied.

"This calls for the bivouac." Mac said.

With that being said, we all left. We forgot about finishing our game because we were focused on 'The Great Fear'... well most of them were. I still had my mind on Tarqell.

"I need to tell Tarqell something real quick." I said to the girls.

"Okay." They said.

I ran to him. He saw me and said, "Hey, Sapphire."

"Hey. Can I tell you something?"

"Before you do, I wanna apologize for what happened last week. I didn't know what I was up to."

"You've said sorry a million times." I chuckled. "I promise you it's okay."

"Alright. So what were you about to tell me?"

"That I think you look cute as hell today. You had me staring at you the whole time we were playing baseball. Guess you're tryna sweep me off my feet, huh?" I winked at him.

At this point, he was blushing so hard, words couldn't even come out his mouth. His cheeks were red. I can't believe I had him like this. Not to sound cocky, but I kinda like it. He waved bye to me and I waved back.

Tarqell was making his way to the boys... walking backwards... which caused him to bump into David. "Hey, watch it!" David semi-yelled. Tarqell put his hands up in surrender. I giggled a little.

I went back to the girls. "Yeah, Sapphire. That was 'real quick' to me." Penny said.

"She would've been quick if she wasn't stuck on Tarqell's looks." Jenny said.

"Or she might've been stuck on him." Hayley said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ooo." Jenny and Penny cooed.

"Aw, shut up." I said, blushing.

We all went our separate ways to go to home.