•Sapphire is on Fire!!

*The Next Day*/ *The sandlot*

-Sapphire-
We were playing baseball while Johnnie was in the dugout doing something productive. I wanted to bat. Time to show them I got the heat.

I walked to the batter's box. Saul walked to the pitcher's mound. Penny went to the catcher's box. Everyone else was positioned in the bases.

"You ready, Sapphire?" Saul asked me. He had a smirk on his face.

"Ready when you are." I replied. I fixed my hair a little.

About my hair, I put it back to my regular curls. I liked the straight hair I had at the carnival. It was pretty cute, but at the same time it wasn't working out for me.

"You sure you ready for this?"

"Yes, man. Just pitch it."

"Okay... but before I do that, I'll give you a warning that I am-"

"Yeah, whatever. I would find out if you'd stop talking. I bet it's not even that major, so shut your ass up and pitch the ball."

Saul shrugged his shoulders and pitched the ball. I missed.

"Strike one." Penny called out.

"That's what I tried to warn you about." Saul said.

"Good aim. But let's see if I can get the other one." I said.

He pitched the ball again and I gave my all to hit it. My hit was solid. It was so good, you can see smoke come out of the bat.

"Hold on, you guys." Mac said. "Where's the ball?"

Everyone started looking for it while I stood there with a confident smile on my face. I know what I did. This always happens when I have the bat.

Sammy found it. He fearfully held the ball and had his mouth wide open.

The baseball was deflated and looked burnt. It was sorta black. It looked it got put into a fireplace. But really, it was my talents.

David and Tarqell looked at each other with shock.

"Woah." David said. "That was phenomenal. How did you do that?"

"Let's just say I got the power." I replied.

"Like, that was awesome, Sapphire. Can you teach me how to do that?" Tarqell asked.

"Um... sure."

"That was far out. What do you call that hit?" Mac asked.

"I never really thought of a name for it. I just do it. This happens all the time."

"Hey, what do you think of 'The Sapphire Flame'? Is that good?" Hayley asked.

"Yeah, but it's not what I'm looking for. Nice try, though."

"Ooh. I got it." Mac said. "What about 'The Hottie Hit'?"

"With the word 'hottie'? Hell no. Next."

"How about 'The Sapph Ash'?" Saul suggested.

"Yeah. That sounds good." Hayley agreed.

"I mean, that does sound good. But there is two things wrong with it. One, I hate being called 'Sapph' and two, I don't turn the baseball into ashes. I burn it with my strength. Any other suggestions?"

"The S.M. Heat?" Penny and Jenny asked.

"Pretty cool but nah. On the bright side, that can be a backup name."

"Sapphire Sizzle?" David suggested.

"Nope."

"How about... 'The Solid Swing'?" Tarqell suggested.

"Hmm... I like it. Sounds interesting. I'll be using that one."

"I kinda like that too." Saul said. "It goes with the flow because of what you did to the ball and you're always doing that thing Tarqell does. You guys say 'solid' or whatever. You know what I mean, right?"

"Of course I do."

After about thirty minutes, we finished our game and decided to hang out in Hayley's backyard.

"I'm still shocked on what you did, Sapphire." Mac said. "My eyes were about to pop out when I saw that."

"Thanks. But stop exaggerating." I said.

"You don't understand. He should be exaggerating. I even saw the bat get smoked up." David said. "I've never seen anything like that. It was amazing. Good job." He gave me a high five.

"So about that hit, did you at least thank Tarqell for making up the name?" Hayley asked. She winked at me.

I smiled, showing my dimples. "Oh yeah. Thanks, Tarq. You're a genius." I playfully messed up his curly hair with my hands.

"No problem." Tarqell replied, fixing his hair.

"So you're just gonna let her get away with that?" Saul asked him. "I thought you didn't like people touching your hair."

"Ah, let it be. I fixed it anyway." He smiled at me. I smiled back. After that, I turned my head and saw him staring at me. He didn't even notice.

"I feel something in the air." Jenny mumbled.

"I can feel it too, but I don't know what it is. Can someone give us a hint?" Penny asked.

"I will." Johnnie said. "It's a four letter word."

"It starts with the letter L and ends with the letter E." Mac said.

I knew where this was going, so I playfully rolled my eyes. These people play too much.

"This is gonna be easy." Saul said.

"Listen. I know what it is, but where is it coming from?" Hayley asked.

"Cough cough, Sapphire and Tarqell." David said.

They started laughing. Me and Tarqell laughed with them because why not? It was funny. I love how everyone has a sense of humor.

"Hayley and David can't be talking." Tarqell said.

"Right?" I said. "Cough cough, totally in love with each other." We started laughing even more. This is fun.