•Beating Singleton

•A/N: This is what Penny and Sammy (Fingers) look like. I tried putting it on the last chapter, but okay. Here they are.

*The Next Day*/ *At the sandlot*

-Sapphire-
It was a Friday at the sandlot, but it was the Friday we were waiting for. We were playing baseball against Singledick and his crew. This is the biggest game of our lives.

"Play ball!" Mac yelled.

I was sitting in the dugout with the rest of them while Hayley was in pitcher's mound and Mac was in the catcher's box.

Hayley pitched the ball, and Singleton took a strike.

"Sorry, you need me to call that for you? Strike!" Mac said.

"Shut up, doughnut belly." Singleton retorted.

"That's illegal. You can't pitch like that." Singleton said to Hayley.

"It's legal. Get used to the disappointment." Mac said.

Hayley took Singleton with two more strikes. He's out!

"You suck!" I yelled to him.

"I swear I'm gonna rip out your piercing! Shut up!" Singleton yelled to me.

"I wish you would! Over here yellin' at me like that!"

I saw David stare at Hayley like he was in a trance. He snapped out of it.

"Ha ha. Sit down." Hayley said to Singleton.

It was Hayley's turn to bat. I wished her good luck.

The pitcher from the other team threw the ball. Hayley hit it. Yes!!! It hit the junk wall. That is far.

"Come on, you idiot! Throw it in!"  Singleton yelled to one of his teammates. "Throw it!"

Hayley ran to all the bases. But as soon as she tried to hit home run, Singleton did the worst thing he can ever do to a girl. HE HIT HER! Singleton hit Hayley in the stomach with his elbow, and knocked her down. How dare he! I was so pissed off. He should've never done that to my one of my best friends.

Hayley was crying in pain. It's about that time where I beat his ass. Again.

"You're out." Singleton said. I wanted to kick his ass. Right here, right now.

"SINGLETON!!!" I yelled through my lungs, as I was lunging to him real fast. Mac and Saul had to pull me back. "You bitch! How dare you do that to her?! I'm gonna suffocate you! I'm gonna do it!" I let myself go and ran to Singleton to beat his ass, but Tarqell got a grip of me.

"Are you cracked?!" Mac yelled. "What'd you do that for, you jive turkey?"

"She wants to play with the big boys, then that's what she gets!" Singleton remarked.

Tarqell still had a grip of me as I yelled, "What did I tell you about messing with my friends?! Don't make go southern style on your ass again!!!"

"Sapphire, calm down." Tarqell said to me.

"Calm down my ass! He hit one of my best friends! That dickhead!"

I saw David punch Singleton, and Singleton yelled out in pain. I'm proud that he did that and defended her. I still had the urge to get at him myself.

Tarqell let me go. Me, Jenny and Penny helped Hayley up while Singleton's teammates helped him up.

"Sandlot is ours! Forever! Don't mess with my teammates! You never, ever hit a girl, creep!" David yelled.

I said to David, "I'm proud you stuck up for Hayley like that. You should feel very proud of yourself. I know she'd be proud of you too." He smiled. Then I followed up the other girls.

We were on our way to Hayley's backyard until Hayley turned around and smiled at David with tears still in her eyes. David smiled back.

This was the best victory for us ever.. little did we know, we had another thing coming for us.