•In Come the Boys

*Hayley's House*

-Sapphire-
"Well, Hayley. You ready to head out the door so we can go to your pool? It's been a long time since I went in there and it's hot as hell." I said.

"Yeah. Just hold on. I'm doing my hair. I'm not going to the pool. I'm gonna tan." Hayley said from her bathroom.

I huffed and laid back down on her bed, waiting for her to get out.

"My question is are you ready, Sapphire?"

"I been ready. How dare you ask? I even stepped in your house with my bathing suit on."

"My bad then."

Hayley finally stepped out of her bathroom, in her bathing suit, hat, sunglasses, sandals, with her hair in two braids.

I thought her bathing suit was cute

I thought her bathing suit was cute. I knew my best friend had a sense of style. We got out of her room.

"Ooh girl, that bathing suit is one word." I said.

"Which is...." Hayley trailed off.

"Solid." I said, holding my fist up in triumph. That's my signature sign.

"Don't do that ever again."

"And why not?"

"Because it puts chills down my spine. You're always doing that. Cut it out."

"Girl, I don't see anyone else complaining. You're the only one that does, but that's not gonna stop me."

To be honest, I didn't see what was the problem. I loved doing that. It's been my signature sign for two years, and now she wanna complain about it.

"Ugh."

Let's not forget I was wearing a very stylish bathing suit, too.

-Hayley-
As Sapphire and I were in the kitchen, I made us both a glass of iced tea with a lemon on each. Sapphire pulled out two straws from the cabinet and gave one to me. We both held our cups as we made our way to the backyard. I slid the sliding glass door open for the both of us and closed it back.

I'm Hayley Goodfairer. 12 going on to 13. I came from the South, so I have this strong Southern accent like my mom. My dad doesn't carry it at all. I moved to San Fernando Valley a month ago. My mom is a housewife, while my dad works for NASA. You can say I am sorta high class, but that doesn't make me a snob. I can't possibly be if I do get my knees on the dirt and play softball along with my three best friends Sapphire, Jenny, and Penny. Those girls mean so much to me. Like Sapphire, I am a feminist, so I will not tolerate a boy to talk to me or act the way think they can towards me. I will never allow that. I think they're pigs. By the way, the softball team's name is 'Diamond Diggers'.

"Hayley, I'm just gonna go to the pool." Sapphire said. She sat in the pool with her hair in a ponytail. She never really liked getting her hair wet unless it's getting washed.