•In the Future

•A/N: Guys, this is officially the end of my this story. I had a good time writing this.

-Sapphire's POV-

-Some of the futures-
*Mr. Goodfairer never found out Johnnie launched his rocket. It didn't really matter because his blueprints were America's future in space, not the model of the shuttle.

*Goliath and Tiny had five puppies. Hayley, Jenny, Penny, and I got one of our own while Grandpa Mertle kept one of them.

*The Retriever made peace with his inner demons. His family moved to Australia and he grew up to be the host of a popular Animal Planet television show.

-Futures of the Sandlot Kids-
I kept in touch with everyone over the years and I found out that...
Mac: Joined the army after high school. He got wounded in the Gulf War, win a Purple Heart and joined the Peace Corps.

Saul: Started a record label with his brother, Sam, for a new kind of music called hip-hop. They named their company Deaf Jam Records.

Penny and Jenny: They did something so remarkable. It was like the most difficult thing on Earth. They both raised three kids and lived happily ever after with their families.

Sammy (Fingers): With all the fortune he made with Saul in the music business, Fingers started the most successful gum company on Earth. You know it as Kissing Booth Bubble Gum.

•Johnnie: He grew up and went to work for the Jet Propulsion Laboratories. Hey, what can't I say? Rockets are still his life.

•Hayley: She became a supermodel and a pitcher for the United States Olympic softball team. She won two gold medals.

•David: After he defeated Goliath, he got a nickname. From then he was known as David 'Rocket' Durango. Him and Hayley went all the way through high school together. After that, they went their separate ways. Ten years after college, they met again. At that meeting, just like the first time, he never had a chance to talk to her in grade school. So she spoke for him and she said, "You're supposed to say will you marry me?" And he did.

•Tarqell: He went on to become a well-known photographer and freelance artist. Him and I basically went through our whole lives together. We never separated. Same high school, same college. We got married on March 21, 1986 and had twins (boy and girl) named TJ and Emerald. We also own a shop by the name of "Solid & Fly" (play on word of 'solidify'), where the clothes were fly and the prices were solid. Get it?

•Me (Sapphire): I went on to become an international hairstylist, a professional boxer, and I was a batter in the United States Olympic softball team until I decided to quit the team and spend more time with my family. Now I'm just relaxing in the Bahamas with my loving husband and kids, living the good life I've always had.

I love my friends, my family, and I will always cherish the sandlot because that's where I met the best people of my life.