Epilogue

1 year later
May 27, 2017
It's finally the last day of school. 8th grade is super hard! Especially since I transferred schools and now I go to a prestigious private school uptown. Lin mostly pays for it, but the entire cast tries to pitch in.

The entire original cast has left, and they're all on to amazing things. I'm moving to London with Lin for the rest of filming Mary Poppins. He's been there for the past 6 months, and I stayed back. So I'll probably stay there about a year. I'm excited to see Romeo too!

I pull down my red and navy blue uniform blazer, groaning, "Now we have to go to highschool." "Hey, at least you don't have to see Brynn, Johnny, Dylan, and Tony from your old school." My friend Jessica laughs. "True." I laugh.

"I wish you were staying in America this summer," Jessica says. She's been pleading for me to stay and hang out with her. "But at least you'll see Lin, Venessa, and Sebastian." I give her a light smile and sigh, "I'll miss you too. But we'll facetime!"

"What's up?" My friend Finn says, intruding our conversation. "I'm trying to convince Maddie to stay in America and not go to London." Jessica explains.

Finn smiles, "She misses her family, but we'll miss you, kid." "I'm older than you," I say as He hugs me. Jessica laughs and says, "C'mon, our morning break is almost over."

June 2, 2017
Lin is coming today to pick me up. I haven't seen him in person in 6 months, and I'm so excited. I wait anxiously at the airport, as other people pass by. The entire OBC decided to get together and have a reunion. I'm still in my uniform, since Renee picked me straight up from school.

"Ugh, when's he coming?" I groan, leaning my head on Leslie. "Soon, his plane landed 10 minutes ago."

After a few more minuets of waiting, I see Lin with a backpack and his Hamilton headphones walking towards us. Pippa whips out her phone and begins recording. Once no one is between us, I run up to him and jump in his arms, "Maddie!" He exclaims, hugging me. "Lin!" I exclaim back. "I missed you niñita." He says, as he ses me down on the ground. "I missed you so much, Lin!"

June 4, 2017
I get to see Romeo today! We're meeting up at my hotel in London, and I'm so excited! I stand in the lobby, as some girl older than me approaches me. "Y-you're Maddie Taylor, right?" She stutters out. "That's me!" I smile. She immediately starts fangirling, and asks, "May I get a picture with you?" "Of course!" I say. A woman, who I assume is her mom snaps a picture.

After a few moments, the girl is gone, and I'm left waiting for Romeo. Seconds seem like hours waiting for him. It's been forever.

I see out of the corner of my eye, the two sliding automatic doors slide open, to reveal Romeo Beckham.

"Rommie!" I squeal as I run up and throw my arms around him. "Madds!" He exclaims. We bith pull away and start talking random gibberish trying to catch up all at the same time, before bursting out laughing.

"I missed you, Maddie."

"Ditto, Romeo."

5 years later
May 14, 2022
"Maddie! Wait up!" Lin exclaims as I run into the Richard Rogers Theatre ahead of him. "Never! I haven't seen these people in ages!" I exclaim as I burst through the doors. "Maddie!" The entire OBC exclaims at the same time as soon as they see me. It's the annual OBC reunion, and I look forward to it every year.

I'm now eighteen, and heading off to college soon. I need to cherish my time here. No one knows I got accepted to Duke yet. Not even Lin. It's an amazing school, and I'm shocked I got in.

I'm wearing a plain white t-shirt, high waisted blue jeans, and a red bandanna as a headband. My curled, long, brown hair, bounces in the high pony tail I threw it in.

I still constantly talk to Renee, Jas, and Pip for advice. I ask Lin too, but they can help with my girl problems. Lin, not so much. I also ak Leslie a lot. He's an amazing advice giver.

"So, how's things with Romeo?" Renee asks, grinning. "We're still together, we've had our ups and downs, since we've been together since we were 12! But, everything is great." I explain. "How's Liam?" I ask Jamsine. Liam is Anthony and Jasmine's first son. They got married, and that little guy came along. That's how I got a lot of my money after I koved back from London. Babysitting.

"He's great! 2 years old and adorable!" She exclaims. "Obviously, it's Jasmine Cephas Jones and Anthony Ramos' child!" Pippa laughs. I throw my head back laughing. "Oh-it's time for my speech!" I say, running to the front of my room.

"Waddup! It's ya girl Maddie Taylor! I have a speech!" I yell, waving my hands. "Okay. So, as all of you know. I'm almost done with highschool. And I have to go to college."

"Don't leave me!" Vanessa exclaims from beside Lin. I laugh and continue, "I've been keeping it very secret for this very moment. I have got accepted to Duke!" Gasps scatter across the room. Chris hugs me and hollers, "That's our little girl!" I smile as more and more people cheer.

As things cool down, I decide to walk around backstage. I look at the couch, where I had panic attacks, bad dreams, and we looked at baby pictures. Memories of each day flash in my mind, perfectly replaying each moment.

I turn my head to the left, to see the dressing room where I stayed. My bed and desk is still there. I've left some things behind here. I walk in the abandoned room, trying my best not to cry.

"Maddie?" I hear Lin's voice ask. I turn to see Lin in the doorway, eyes puffy and red. "Can I ses you outside the theatre for a second?" He asks. "S-Sure." I stutter. He walks away, leaving me in the room. I take one final look around, and close the door behind me.

I walk out to the front of the theatre, to reveal Lin in the exact spot we first met. "This is where it all happened," I say, walking down the steps. "Yep. And thank God it did." Lin chuckles. "Maddie, you know how proud I am of you, right?" "You only tell me everyday." I laugh. "Good, because I really am." He says, embracing me. I rest my head on his chest.

This exact spot, marks the day when everything changes. Where my life would stop being such a mess. Who would protect me from my abusive home.

Where I was saved.

_______________________________

oh my God, guys. It's over. I love this book and hope you guys did too. I'm gonna give you a little reasoning why all of these things happened.

First scene:
Maddie finally gets away from all the bullying jerks at Lincoln Middle School, and finally found friends.

Second scene:
Maddie finally finds a family who loves her and accepted her, not caring about her background.

Third scene:
Maddie finally gets away fron Dylan and stops having all these guy troubles and finds a guy worth her time.

Final scene:
Maddie Taylor is now finally happy with her family, friends, and life. All because of the fateful day Lin-Manuel Miranda saved her.

i love you all.

xo.