Chapter 3

It's been 2 days since Lin decided to adopt me. I have been having the best time. I live in an extra dressing room, and It's better than my old one. I'm really happy, and those words are foreign to me.

Pippa, Renee, and Jazzy decide to take me to the mall to shop for clothes. I didn't have any cut outfits before, so I'm just wearing a long sleeved jean shirt, a black tank top and tights.

The Hills sent me some of my old clothes, but not all. They're still pretty mad. I have no idea why, I was just a punching bag to them.

Renee drives us to the mall, and I tell them I've never been here before. Maybe a long time ago with my parents, but I can't remember.

"Really?" Renee asks, getting out of the car.

I nod my head and look down. I'm getting less shy, but when I'm embarrassed, it all comes back.

"Well that's all about to change." Jasmine smirks. I chuckle. Jasmine's really funny and always makes me smile.

We walk in, and my jaw drops. It's so big, and so many stores! Phillipa laughs at my excitement, and takes out her phone to take a picture. I keep my jaw dropped, and throw up my hands, for dramatic effect.

"Oh, I am so posting this on Instagram!" Pippa exclaims. She posts it, then shows me.

Someone is excited to go to the mall!😝🎈

"Posted!" She exclaims.

While we walk through the humongous building, Phillipa gasps.

"What's wrong?" Jasmine asks.

"People don't know about Maddie yet! They're gonna freak!" She whisper yells.

Pippa scrambles in her purse for her phone. She takes it out and sighs, "Already 1,000 likes. And the comments are freaking out."

"Well, we'll give them the full story at a Ham4Ham show!" Renee suggests.

Pippa's face lights up. "Yes!" She agrees.

Jasmine and I give each other weird looks and laugh.
______________________________

Shopping went great. I got a lot of new clothes, and I thank the girls a little too much. They say it's no problem, because they're technically my foster parents too. But, I know it must've been a lot of money.

We stuff all of the bags in the car. Renee puts the top down, and I sit in the back with Phillipa.

As we come at a stop light, I see a familiar face. Too familiar. Tony and his entourage from school. My breath catches in my throat. I grab Phillipa's hand.

"Maddie? What is it?" She asks, alarmed.

"That's my old foster parents' son. He abused me and bullied me too." I say.

The car falls silent, until Tony sees me. He laughs and points at me. He notifies his gang. Why are they laughing? Is it just me? My appearance? I have no idea.

"Don't you have something better to do than make fun of her!?" Renee yells, than drives away quickly when the light turns green. The boys fall silent and I smirk.

"Thanks so much." I say, noticing that I was about to cry.

"No problem, they shouldn't be doing that." Renee mutters.

I don't have the heart to say that he's been doing that for many months.

_____________________________

When we get back to theatre, Renee says we'll take out the clothes later, so we just leave them. They go to get ready for the show, which starts in an hour and a half.

I run into Lin, and he greets me with a hug.

"How was shopping with the girls? Was it a nice change?" He asks.

"It was awesome! I had so much fun!" I say, not mentioning Tony.

"I've been meaning to ask. What school do you go to?" He asks.

Dang it. He remembered.

"I go to Lincoln Middle School. Just a block away." I say, saddened that I didn't get more time away.

Lin smiles and says, "Well thanks for telling me, Maddie, because tomorrow is your first day back there."

____________________________
Thanks so much for reading!❤️ I'm kinda proud of this chapter but idk. and I know a lot of adopted fanfictions do the shopping thing with Pippa, Jas, and Renee, but I really wanted to use that photo lol. Also, I'm working on the next chapter for My Dearest, I just want it to be good so I'm taking my time! Love y'all.

Xo.