Chapter 12

We go back to the theatre and Oak explains to everyone what happened. Everyone comforts me, and Lin even contacts the school.

After a long, long time of draining my sorrows in ice cream, wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts, and my hair up in a bun, and listening to old Taylor Swift albums, I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I call, setting down my ice cream, and turning of 'Dear John'.

It's Lin. "You have a visitor." He says, raising his eyebrows. Who would visit me?

"Sure, send them in." I say, kind of cleaning myself off.

Lin leaves, and soon, the person I least want it to be walks in. Dylan.

He shuts the door behind him, and looks at me with forgiving eyes.

"What do you want." I hiss, clenching my fists. I realize it's 3:30, school got out thirty minutes ago.

"I came to apologize." He says, taking a step closer to me. I take a step back, however, as if I don't trust him. And I don't.

"Well, you've got a lot of nerve walking in here, you just embarrassed me in front of the entire school! And you said I had to be 'cool', just because that's what your friends expect. It's sick." I yell, not caring if my family hears. Because that's what the cast is. Family.

"Maddie. It wasn't me who spray painted that on yohr locker. It was Johnny and Tony." He says, before I can add on more.

"But you let it happen." I say, looking up at him, with tears forming in my eyes. Silence falls, and Dylan realizes his mistake.

Dylan starts up his apology, "Maddie, I'm sorry-" but I cut him off by pointing to the door and saying, "Go. You've done enough."

He gives me a look of disappointment, and unwillingly starts walking to the door, but soon stops in his tracks.

Confused, I ask, "Dylan? What are you-" but this time I'm cut off by Dylan rushing to me and slamming his lips against mine.

"I know I don't deserve you, Maddie, but give me another chance." He says, as he pulls away, placing his hands on my face.

I look at him. For a while. What if he does this again? Tries to force me to be cool. If he does, I'll just tell Hamilton's millions of fans that he's a jerk. But, I do need time. I need to see if he will still be loyal to me.

"I don't know, Dylan. I almost want to, but I just can't. We'll see how well the next few weeks go, okay?" I ask, looking in his crystal blue eyes for approval.

"Yeah. Of course." He says, embarrassed.

We pull away, and Dylan leaves. I feel relieved that someone at school will be nice to me. I decide to go to the stage and sing to get rid of all my thoughts.

I turn on 'I Almost Do' by Taylor Swift on my phone. I sing a long with out a microphone, looking out into the pretend audience.

I get more and more passionate as I sing, "And I wish I could run to you, and I hope you know that every time I don't. I almost do, I almost do."

I really get emotional when I sing, "And I confess, baby, in my dreams you're touching my face, and askin' me if I want to try again, with you. And I almost do!"

Once the song ends, I wipe my stupid tears, and lay down on the stage. My thoughts racing back and forth of Dylan, Mr and Mrs Hill, Tony, Johnny, and everyone else.

I close my eyes in deep thought. Soon, I'm fast asleep in the middle of the stage.

______________________________

RIP BRANGELINA💔 Please go check out my newest story, 'Supernatural'. I'm super proud of it. It would be awesome if you read it. Thanks for reading. Love y'all❤️

 Love y'all❤️

Xo.