Chapter 35

"Maddie, she's coming!" Jonathan yells as he peaks in my room. I squeal, throw my homework across my bed, and run out the door. Jonathan has to calm me down from jumping so much. "Remember, she likes being treated like a normal person." He scolds playfully. I nod and try to be serious, but I can't help but smile.

After a few moments, Lea comes in with sunglasses on, and smile spread across her face. "Groff!" She squeals, running up to him, arms outstretched. I feel like I'm going to cry. She's actually real!

They catch up, and I hear my name pop up in the conversation. "This is the famous Maddie you've heard so much about." Jonathan says, motioning to me at his right side. I smile and awkwardly wave. I do my best not to cry, and I fail miserably. The second she pulls me into a hug, I'm done for.

"I'm so happy to finally meet you! Groff talks about you all the time!" She exclaims, while both of us pull away from the embrace.

I laugh, sniffle, and wipe my tears. We get a picture together, and her and the rest of the cast catch up. She's come to the show already, before I was here, so she already knows everyone.

I immediately post the picture everwhere, and brag about it to Romeo. He doesn't even know who she is. Loser. He left to go to England earlier tonight, over the first part of summer. So, he's not coming at all the rest of the week. It'll suck, but I'll survive. I hope.

______________________________

The show went well, Lea said her goodbyes, and that was it. The next day, everything is the same. Everyone makes fun of me, and Brynn constantly tries to make conversation with me. "Hey Madds." She says, leaning on a locker mext to mine as I fetch my books.

"Don't call me that." I say, rolling my eyes. She scoffs, "I can do whatever I want. Anyways, I heard you met Lea Michele last night."

I smile at the mention of her name. "That's right." I chirp. "Why didn't you have me meet her?" She asks, folding her arms. "Um..because we're not friends maybe?" I say, asking a question rather than stating a fact, which it was.

She rolls her eyes and mutters, "Rude." I make a face, mimicking her almost. That's when Dylan walks over. "Hey Brynn." He says, turning his back to me. He's been really standoff-ish to me lately, and I know exactly why. He still likes me. It's obvious to everyone. Well, actually only me. Because he told me. Sorry Brynn.

____________________________

finally updated!! i kinda like this but ehh. this whole Lea Michele thing was kinda unnecessary idk why i made it happen. eh. anyways - let me know what you think what's gonna happen to Dylan and Maddie's relationship!! love y'all.

xo.