Chapter 7

Maddie's outfit for this chapter(minus the clutch) I know a lot of these outfits are like, really fancy bUT I DONT CARE I LOVE THE OUTFITS😂❤️
______________________________

It's Saturday. No school, nothing to do. I sleep in a little bit, until Lin comes in with a bullhorn and yells through it, "Get up, sleepyhead!"

I flinch and wake up. "Why? I don't have anything today." I say, laying back down.

"We're going to announce the adoption of you for our Ham4Ham." Lin says. I groan, and lift myself out of bed.

"Why today?" I ask, running my hands through my long, brown hair.

"Because all of our fans are confused because of the picture Pippa posted," Lin explains, "So hurry up and get ready, and look nice please."

I give him an ugly face and he laughs. Onve he leaves, I pick out what to wear. My go to, a plain t-shirt, a high-waisted patterned skirt, amd nilons. I wear ankle high black boots that Renee insisted on getting for me. I also add a pink leather jacket to look a little nicer.

I part my hair at the side, and straighten it with the straightner Pippa bought me, and I'm ready to go. I walk out to see Phillipa and Jonathan.

"Maddie, you look great!" Jon exclaims.

"Thanks," I smirk, "What should I expect out of all this?"

"Well, there's going to be a lot of people, so don't get scared. And you have about..30 minutes until you have to get out there." Pippa says.

I smile. I don't want to say it, but I'm really scared. What if they don't like me? What if I mess up? I don't want to get an anxiety attack. Not in front of all those people, since there's apparently supposed to be a ton of people there.

Phillipa and I pass the time by playing cards, just like Dylan and I did last night.

Soon Lin says, "It's time to head out there, so I'm going to introduce you, and you'll walk through the door. Okay? And Jon will help you too if that helps, right Jon?" He looks at Jon with raised eyebrows.

"Of course." Jon says, slowly, with a huge grin.

I laugh and Lin says, "That's my cue. Got to go." He walks out the door, and quickly closes it behind him, and people scream.

They must be fans. I hope, because if not, people are getting murderd out there.

"Hello, hello, hello!" Lin exclaims. The audience cheers.

"We have a very special Ham4Ham for you guys today!" Lin says theough the microphone. I noticed everytime Lin finishes a sentence, the crowd cheers.

Lin starts up again, "You guys all went crazy after Phillipa posted a picture of a 13 year old girl. Well, her name is Maddie, and we adopted her from her abusive home,"  Lin wasn't supposed to say that! Crap! If Mr or Mrs Hills see me they'll kill me! "She is now a member of the Hamilton family. And we all want you guys to meet her. So everyone, give it up for Maddie Taylor!" Lin says. I walk out the door with a microphone.

The crowd cheers and hollers. It's a lot for me to handle, but I don't have a anxiety attack. I stand on the top step, by Lin.

I wave awkwardly to the crowd. "Maddie here, is going to answer some of your questions." Lin says.

I didn't know anything about that, so I just go along with it.

I point at a girl a little younger than me raising her hand, and wearing a red sweater.

"How does it feel to be living with a broadway cast?" She asks, with her phone out.

"Well, it was weird at first, but now I absolutely love it. Getting to listen in on one of the best Broadway musicals out there, every single night, is pretty awesome." I chuckle. The audience laughs. That gives me a boost of confidence.

I point to another boy about my age, wearing a Thomas Jefferson sweatshirt. "Has anyone told your beautiful? Because you really, really, really-"

The fan is cut off by Lin stepping in and saying, "Slow down there partner, she's technically my daughter." The audience bursts out in laughter, and so do I. I manage to say a thank you to the fan, and blushing at his compliment.

I call on a teenage girl, waving her hand around like crazy. "How does it feel getting to see Daveed Diggs everyday?" She asks.

"Ah! He's the best! Except for when he's overprotective..like someone I know." Pointing to Lin. Lin pretends to look the other way, like he didn't hear. I give a small chuckle.

I answer a few more questions, until a boy asks me, "Since you're living with a Broadway musical cast, can you sing?" He asks.

I open my mouth to protest, but Lin answers instead. "She actually sounds exactly like Amanda Seyfried on the Mamma Mia movie soundtrack. No joke. Every time I walk by her room, she's singing Honey, Honey. And oh my, she's awesome."

I start blushing. I thought no one was listening. "We're actually going to have her sing. We haven't even told her yet. Alex?!" He calls after him. I turn, shocked. Lin's making me sing? In front of all these people? Oh my God!

"Sing 'Thank You for the Music'!" Lin exclaims. The whole crowd agrees.

I turn red in embarrassment. I hope I do sing okay, because I always thought I sounded bad.

Alex plays the first keys on his mini-piano. I take a deep breath and sing, "I'm nothing special..In fact..." The crowd goes crazy. I can't help but smile.

Soon, I'm singing, "But I have a talent, a wonderful thing. Cause everyone listens when I start to sing."

When I hit the high note in, "So I say, thank you for the music, the song I'm singing." Everyone goes wild once again. Once I finish the chorus, I stop singing and Alex stops playing. The crowd cheers so loud, it makes my ears hurt.

"Thank you so much!" I yell to the crowd. Lin and I walk back inside and I colapse on the couch.

"That went okay I guess." I say, pretending to wipe off sweat on my forehead.

"Maddie, you did amazing!" Lin exclaims. We go into a big bear hug, that I never want to break out of.

______________________________

IM SORRY IF THIS IS CLICHE I LIKE IT!!! Thanks so much for reading! Also, I know that the Ham4Ham's are on Wednesday😉Are you liking this fanfiction? Please comment and let me know your opinions!❤️

Xo.