Chapter 31

I wake up a few days later, very tired. It's Friday, and next week is my last week of school! I'm excited to get away from the prison for 3 whole months! Plus I won't have to see a lot of horrible people during the break.

I roll out of bed, and put on a white shirt with black lettering that says 'I never liked you anyway', some black ripped skinny keans, white adidas shoes with three black stripes, and I put my hair in a high ponytail. I grab my backpack and head to Lin's dressing room.

I get myself some cereal, a banana, and I'm out the door. Lin hired security to take me to school, because of recent events. Not naming any names, but Tony, Mr and Mrs Hill, Johnny, and Logan you out there?

My security is big and strong, like Oak almost. But Oak is too forgiving and hugable to be scared of. His name is Nick. He's really nice, but he doesn't talk a lot, and looks intimidating.

"By niñita!" Lin calls. "Bye padre!" I yell back. Nick holds open the door for me as I say a quick, "Thank you." I scroll through Twitter as I walk through the streets of New York, which is dangerous, but I'm too obsessed with my phone to set it down to simply walk!

We eventually make it to school, and I say, "Bye Nick. See ya after school." Nick smiles, and waves goodbye, which makes me smile. I walk through the doors.

As I do, I'm greeted by two girls I've never seen before. "Hello?" I say, confused why they're giving me snotty looks. "I see you're some big celebrity who needs security..huh?" She sneers. I furrow my eyebrows. "W-What?" I ask. "You're the one who got my boyfriend put in juvy." She says, rolling her eyes.

I laugh and shoot back, "Tony had a girlfriend?! Ha! Well, you're boyfriend," I make air quotes with my fingers, "is the reason I need security." I walk past her.

"I'm not done with you!" She yells at the back of my head. "Well I'm done with you!" I shout as I walk further down the hall, not turning back.

I hear her scoff. I just smile to myself. I feel my phone buzz. I look at the screen to see a text from Romeo.

Romeo: 7;52 am
I'm not going to school today because I'm sick :( Just thought I'd let you know.

I frown, and text back,

Maddie: 7:53 am
Aw shucks, anyways, feel better!

I put my phone in my backpack and head to my locker. As I grab my stuff for my first class, music, which I honestly hate. Yeah, I can sing and I live with a Broadway cast in a Broadway theatre, but I'm always called on because of that. It's annoying.

I walk to the music classroom, annoyed because I would rather watch the cast rehearse then have to be in this horrible place.

Chin up, Maddie. Summer is coming!

I tell myself. I smile to my conscience and continue walking.

I sit in the front of the class, which I hate, but it was my assigned seat. I don't really pay attention. I never get homework in music, so what's the point of even paying attention?

I hear my teacher, Mrs. Nicholsen say, "And the Tony's are coming up..the biggest night in Broadway." I give a light smile, hoping she won't ask me to say anything. Well, my hope didn't work.

"And one of our very on is going to the Tonys for Hamilton the musical's nominations. Maddie Taylor!" She squeales as the whole class looks at me. I roll my eyes on the inside, but I just give a slight smile.

I hear a familiar voice yell, "What nominations? Worst musical and worst cast?" I turn to see the girl from the hall, high fiving her friend.

Laughs scatter around the room, until I say, "Actually, it's a record breaking 16 nominations, including best musical, best male actor, best female actor, best supporting male actor, best supporting female actor, and more. So the opposite actually." I turn head back to the front of the room.

I hear her scoff, over people going, "Roasted!" "She destroyed you!" "Oohhh!" And "Rip!" I don't even crack a smile. In case you didn't notice, I'm done with everyone today.

"Okay class, calm down." Mrs. Nicholsen says. I can feel the girl's eyes glaring at me in the back of my head. I don't turn back at her.

I don't even know her name.

******

At the end of the day, I walk out of school with a light backpack. I only have a science sheet to do, which I didn't need to take my book home for it. So that's a good start to my weekend.

I see Nick as I walk outside. I smileand walk up to him. "Hey, Nickie." I say. "Nickie?" He asks. "Nickname. It suits you." I laugh. He chuckles.

"Hey Maddie Taylor!" I hear someone sneer. I turn around to see the girl from earlier. I roll my eyes and tell Nick, "Hold on one minute." He nods, as I walk towards the front of the building.

"What do you want?" I ask, not very nice. "Wanna hangout today?" She asks, twirling her long blonde hair. "What? I don't even know you're name? Plus you've been a jerk all day to me." I say, turning and walking away.

"Brynn." She says. "What?" I ask, turning back. "My name, stupid." She snaps. "Well, even if I wanted to, which I don't, I can't. I'm performing tonight." I say. It's true. Lin said I can perform as Philip tonight. We do this thing now, where if Andrew has to go on, he'll be Laurens and I'll be Philip. He came up with the idea.

"Performing what? In Hamilton? C'mon." She says, not believing me. "Um, actually, yeah. I am." I say.

"See you later, Brynn." I scoff, folding my arms and walking away. I walk up to Nick and we start walking to the theatre. My life is going pretty okay with my old foster family gone, and I don't need anyone like Brynn messing it all up.

_____________________________

I really enjoyed making this extra lonnggg chapter! I hope you enjoyed reading! (Ik this gif isn't Hamilton but I love Glee and Kurt Hummel so)

Xo.