Chapter 40

I stare at my phone, in shock. One, at Brynn's rudeness, and two, Dylan's comment. Get over it, bro! I broke up with you! It's never gonna happen! I sigh and tuck my phone away. Romeo's comment made me laugh, however. He's coming tonight. Not as my date, becayse his mom was invited. He figured he'd come with.

My hair lady, Lydia, continues to pit my hair in an elaborate bun. Renee walks in and says, "Honey, you look beautiful and you're not even dressed in your formal clothes yet!" "You're such a mom, thanks." I laugh. She laughs, and walks off. "I love ya, kid!" She says when she's in the other room. "Love ya most!" I shout back.

"Your hair is done, Madds." Lydia says, backing away. I look in the mirror. My makeup glimmering in the bright mirror light, my hair looking as elegant as ever. I'm not the same girl I was 4 months ago. Not the shy one who read Harry Potter books alone and admired Dylan Martin from affar. Not the girl who was abused.

I shake my thoughts out, as I stand up to get dressed. I wear a beautiful silver dress, with different colored dots around the fabric. It's beautiful.

(yo Maddie Zeigler is the real mvp when it comes to red carpets

(yo Maddie Zeigler is the real mvp when it comes to red carpets. ps let's pretend the backdrop says Tony's and not People's Choice lol)
I can't stop spinning around and around. I feel like a princess. I fight the urge not to break out in Disney songs. I get in a black car by myself, since Lin is going to meet me there, and the girls go by themselves. Besides Jasmine, who is going with her soulmate, Anthony.

It's my first red carpet ever, and I'm nervous as hell. What if I look ugly? What if I trip? Before I can think of any more ways that can ruin this night, the car pulls to the award show and Nick quickly rushes me out. Pictures start flashing. Nick directs me what to do, and the girls gave me some tips as well. I get to the beginning of the carpet, and put my hand on my hip, and smile.

Basic much?

I get farther and farther done the line, when Lin and I finally meet. I give him a bear hug, and everyone gets a load of that. "You look beautiful, Niñita!" He eclaims over all the noise. "Thanks padre!"

We take some pictures together, until we separate again. I hear someone shout my name. I turn my head to the right, where it came from, I see Romeo, facing me and smirking. I gasp, because I haven't seen him since the last Monday of school. "Romeo!" I shout as I run up to him. I throw my arms around his neck and bury my head in his shoulder. Cameras flash. He's only 2 inches taller than me, so it's not awkward.

"I missed you, Madds!" He exclaims as we pull away, keeping our hands in the same place. His around my waist. "I missed you, Rommie!" I say. We soon realize in how much of an awkward position we're in, and we pull away. "I have so much to you about." I whisper as we walk off the carpet.

******

I sat beside Lin, in the front row. Romeo sat a few rows behind me, and texted me to comfort my nerves. Hamilton had won a lot already, but this was one of the ones I wanted to win the most. Best original score. A lady with blonde curly hair comes out and begins presenting.