Chapter 10

It's Monday. Ugh. I walk into school, and I get a bunch of stares. Did they see the Ham4Ham? I hope not, I don't wamt anyone to know I was adopted! Well, all the boys in my grade already know, but at least no one else knew!

At lunch, once again I sit alone. Until, I hear someone sit in front of me. I look up to see Johnny with a grin on his face.

Here we go.

"So Maddie, I hear you're quite the singer. Why don't you belt one out, right now?" He asks, pushing my shoulder from across the table.

"Leave me alone." I mutter, ignoring him as best as I can.

"Aw, c'mon, Maddie! I know Dylan would want you to!" He exclaims. Now the whole lunch room is looking.

I hear Johnny's group of boys sneer, "OOOOOOO!"

"No." I say, firmly. I can tell Johnny didn't like that.

"What'd you say?" He hisses, standing up and leaning on the tables.

I copy his motions bravely, and say, "I said, no!"

Johnny takes a step back, and shouts, "You Broadway-Adopted freak!"

"At least I'm not a low-life jerk!" I yell back.

Johnny stops dead in his tracks. "Like I said, freak." He hisses.

I roll my eyes and rush out of the lunch room, proud of myself. I just stuck up to my bully of three years. He gave me anxiety, almost depression, and brusies. But I just gave him, a piece of my mind.
_______________________________

My final class period ends, I see Leslie in the front of the school. He's talkinh to some parent. They probably just recognized him.

He doesn't see me coming, so I sneak up behind him and sing, "Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?"

Be turns around quickly, smiles, and responds, "That depends, who's asking?"

I don't finish the song, just give him a big hug. We get in Leslie's car and head to the theatre. Itake the aux chord and I turn on 'The Room Where it Happens'.

Leslie grins when he hears the beginning of the song, and we sing along. It's pretty awesome. I completely forget about the whole lunch room fiasco.

When we finally get to the theatre, I go straight to my room and do my homework. Soon, I get a text from Dylan.

D:What happened in the lunch room today?

M:I stuck up for myself

D:Well they all know now that you're my girlfriend, so you need to like..act cool

M:So you care what they think?

D: No, I'm pretty popular, and my girlfriend needs to be too I guess

M:So, am I not enough?

D:Maddie, that's not what I meant

M:Save it, Dylan. I thought you liked me for me, but I guess I was wrong.

D: Maddie, wait a second!

I quickly put him on do not disturb, and wipe the tears that fell from my face. Why am I crying over some guy? Probably because he was the only person that was really nice to me.

What have I done?
______________________________

Thanks for reading! This chapter is veeryy intense lol. I'm so excited for Hamitlon Chicago. The cast looks amazing. I wish I could see it! Please go check out my newest story, 'Supernatural'! Love y'all❤️

 I wish I could see it! Please go check out my newest story, 'Supernatural'! Love y'all❤️

Xo.