Chapter 29

Lin POV
It's been two hours since Maddie should have gotten home from school. I hate to be that guy, but I'm jumping to the worst conclusions. I'm in my dressing room, trying to get a hold of her through Twitter, Messaging, FaceTime, and everything else.

"Lin, you okay?" Daveed asks, walking in my room. That's when my voise cracks and I say, "Maddie should've been home two hours ago." I'm trying so hard not to cry, but I just can't. "We have 1 hou until showtime. Let's find her." He says. I nod my head and throw my sneakers on and we rush out. That's when Pippa, Jasmine, and Renee stop us.

"You're not going without us." Renee says opening her umbrella. Pippa and Jasmine smirk. "And me." Leslie says, stepping next to Pippa. "And us." Chris and Anthony say. "And us." Jonathan and Oak say. The ensemble are at a photoshoot for Broadway.com, but I know they'd come too.

We all grab umbrellas and head out theough the stagedoor. They're a lot of fans, so we just wave, smile, and rush away quickly. "Guys, we should split up. Renee and Chris, Jas and Ant, Oak and Daveed. Pip, Jonathan, and Leslie, and I'll go on my own." I say, taking control of the situation.

"Okay, be safe." Pippa says. I nod and start to run uptown. I know that's were her foster home used to be, and they're my first suspects.

Maddie POV
I have ropes tied around my hands and feet, and a bandanna around my head, with it blocking my mouth for screaming for help. I guess you could say I'm helpless. haha. No time for jokes, Maddie. That's when I spot the window behind the TV. It's open. Are these kidnappers really this stupid?

My knees are up to my chest, and my hands are behind my back, so I can throw my feet in front of me, and drag myself to the window. Why didn't I do this in the first place?! I get close enough to thw window, where people walking along the street maybe can hear my muffled yelling. They can't see me, however. "Help?!" I scream, but it comes out too muffled. "Anyone!?" That's when I hear footsteps.

It's Mr. Hills. "Trying to scream for help, eh?" He slams the window shut. Then, he slaps me across the face, "Bet you haven't gotten one of those in a while." A single tear streams down my face. It comes to me, that I may be one o the kids you hear about, that got kidnapped, and never got found.

Lin POV
I run up to the door and aggressively knock on it. I hear a muffled scream, and that's when I know, she's here. I quickly pull out my phone and text the cast that came with me, the address of the home I'm at. If something happens to me, someone needs to save Maddie.

The door opens the door a crack. I see a woman's ice blue eye, with strands of brown hair overlapping it. "Yes?" She asks. "Have you seen a girl, with brown hair, blue eyes, slim, possible with a backpack around here?" I ask.

"No, sorry sir." She says slamming the door. I just knock again. "What do you want!" She yells opening the door a crack again. I throw my hand against the door. "I think you have." I say, almost as a threat. "I dont... know what...what you mean s-sir." She says, trying to shut the door again. Then the cast comes running up behind me.

I eventually open the door enough to slide in. She stumbles back and closes her hand over the mouth. The reat of the cast floods in. "Give me back my daughter." I threaten, stepping close to her face.

"She's not your daughter." Some puny kid Maddie's age snears as he walks down the stairs. "Well, now we know you have her." Oak says. "I'm calling the police." Pippa says, whipping out her phone. The women who answered the door grabs it out of her hands, "No you're not." She says.

"Give me back my phone." Pippa says, as serious as I've ever seen her. The lady just goes, "Hm." And walks away. Pippa's face turns red, and she literally jumps on top of her. Meanwhile, Daveed pulls out his phone and calls 911. With all the chaos, I run upstairs to see Maddie crying, tied up on the floor. She sees me, an muffles what I think is a happy scream. Some man steps in front of her, and says, "You're not-" I cut him off by just socking him.

I unrwap the rope around Maddie's feat, and take the bandanna around her mouth. I can't untie the hands before the man, who I thought I knocked out, picks Maddie up, abd throws her across the room behind him, so I cant get her. "Give me back...my fu*king daughter!" I scream, as we get in a big dramatic fight, then, Maddie gets up and bites his arm. Literally. The mab screams in pain and we run downstairs to a huge fight scene. "Hamilton cast! Abort!" Maddie screams. That was cringy but no time to point it out.

We run out the door, to see police cars, lined up in front of the house.

___________________________

finally updated! I'm really proud of this chapter! I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year! I really want to write a Lippa fanfiction but I can barely keep up with my two already! Love y'all.

Xo.