Chapter 21

The next day I wake up at 5:00 am. I groan as I roll out of bed. At least I get to miss school for the next few days. I throw on a black t-shirt, black running tights, a black nike hat with a white nike logo, black nike sneakers, and I leave my hair down.

I grab my black backpack, and throw my charger that I couldn't pack the night before in my carry on. I look pretty goth.

As Lin, Pippa, and I are on our way to the airport, Lin kisses the top of my head for no reason. I look at him, confused.

"I'm so proud of you. I love you, niñita." He says, wrapping his arm around me.

"I love you too, padre." I smile. Since he always calls me niñita, I looked up the spanish word for father, and it's padre. So that's what I call him.

We take out luggage once we areive at the airport. I see Romeo a ways away and grin. I'm so excited!

I see some flashes out of the corner of my eye, but I just ignore them. Lin says I can go up and say hi to Romeo, so of course I do.

I yell, "Aye, Romeo!" When I'm about ten feet away from him. He turns, and smiles his charming smile.

I run up to him and jump in his arms. More flashes.

"You excited?" He asks as we pull away. "Of course!" I exclaim.

We walk in, get our plane tickets, go theough security, and we're off. As we wait at the gate, I tweet out:

@maddietaylor_:
Watch me on the Ellen show! Thursday 4:00 Pacific Time!❤️

I press, 'tweet', and put my phone away. Soon, they call our section on the plane, and we're off. The plane rides really exciting and scary. I hope I don't throw up.

______________________________

I didn't throw up, luckily. When we land, we quickly go to some fancy hotel in a city called Burbank. I'm so excited!

Pippa and I go to our room, and Lin's just across the hall.

"Isn't this awesome! I haven't even been on the Ellen show!" Pippa says, as she unpacks and tidies up.

"Yeah, it's pretty overwhelming, though." I say, as I flop on my bed and scroll through Twitter.

"It must be. You're only 13. Don't let that get in your head. You'll do great." She comforts me, as she sits beside me on the bed.

"Thanks, Pip." I say, leaning into her shoulder. I'm so lucky to always have such amazing people to turn to.

______________________________

It's the day. The day of the Ellen show. I'm really nervous. The only time Romeo and I get to see each other today, is backstage right before the show.

I get my own dressing room, which is pretty awesome not going to lie. I could get used to this. Pippa and some nice, talented ladies do my hair and makeup. I learned a thing or two about makeup with Renee, Pip, and Jazzy.

My outfit is a pretty, white, long sleeved romper, a long with some blue straps. My hair is curled back into a pinytail, and I wear natural makeup.

 My hair is curled back into a pinytail, and I wear natural makeup