Chapter 2

Lin takes me down the street to a pizza place. He orders two cheese pizzas, and we wait. I'm really excited. Mr and Mrs Hills never took me out to eat. This is definitely a change. We make awkward conversation, probably because he doesn't want to bring up my abuse in public.

Our order gets called, Lin pays, and we head out. On the way back, people ask for his autograph and pictures. I'm really confused. Is Lin famous our something? Probably an actor, because of the theatre.

Once we get back, Lin takes me to what I think is the stage, and we just sit down and eat. It's weird, but I like it. I've never done this before, plus I'm skipping school.

I sit crisscrossed, and devour my first peice of pizza. "Easy there, you're eating pretty fast." Lin says.

"Sorry, I haven't eaten breakfast today, or pizza in like 3 years." I say, embarrassed.

"I was just kidding." Lin says, punching my arm playfully.

"So are you like, famous or something?" I ask, really confused and quiet.

"Well, Maddie, I guess you could say that. I wrote this broadway rap musical, Hamilton, about the life of Alexander Hamilton." Lin explains.

"You mean, the founding father?" I ask, chuckling.

"Yeah pretty much. I also play him." Lin adds.

"Wow." Is all I can say. It sounds pretty weird, I mean, a rap musical about Alexander Hamilton? Pretty strange. But it has to be good to be a Broadway musical. Right?

"Enough about me, tell me about yourself." Lin says, biting into his second peice of pizza.

"Well, I'm really shy if you couldn't tell." I start.

"Oh, I could tell." Lin jokes.

I laugh and continue, "I grew up in New York. I had a mom, a dad, and the most adorable dog ever. But, it all changed one day 5 years ago. My mom and dad we're driving to a doctors appointment. Actually, they were on their way to an ultrasound. My mom was two months pregnant! I was so excited. On their way, a drunk driver was going the wrong way and crashed into them. They both died." I now realize I was crying.

"I'm so sorry." Lin says, warpling his arms around me.

"It's not your fault." I say, wiping my tears.

"Anyways," I say, getting back to my story, "I was put into the foster system, because my grandma was too old to take care of me, and sje was the only family I had left. Now I'm staying with the Hills. They abuse me, and I'm basically just a maid to them. I haven't found a permanent home."

"About that.." Lin begins without finishing.

"What?" I ask, getting up and brushing the pizza crumbs off.

Lin copys my motions, and gets up. "Those calls that I made earlier were about you. I want to adopt you and have you live here."

Not beleiving what my ears heard, I respond asking, "I'm sorry what was that?"

"I'm adopting you, Maddie. If that's okay with you." Lin repeats.

I scream, "Yes!" and jump into his arms. I start to cry again, right after I just wiped away my tears. This could be my permanent home. I found a place that wants me. Just maybe.

______________________________
Thanks so much for reading! Btw, I changed her name to Maddie lol. I really love writing this so much! Please let me know your thoughts! I love you all so much. I can't thank you enough for the support❤️

Xo.