Chapter 5

The photo is Maddie's outfit for later in the chapter;) enjoy!

___________________________

As I walk backstage, I run into Daveed. "Hey Daveed! I thought you left?" I ask.

"Nah I'm watching you tonight. And can we talk?" He asks. Why would Daveed need to talk? Is it because of the kiss? Did he see it? Oh no.

"Sure." I say, confused, as we sit down on the couch.

"Who was that kid that kissed you?" He asks. I immediately turn red in embarrassment. He saw Dylan and I.

"His names Dylan. And please don't tell anyone." I practically beg.

Daveed sighs and asks, "You sure he's a good kid?"

I laugh, because Daveed's acting like an overly protective dad, and say, "Of course."

"Well, then I won't tell anyone, until you will." Daveed says.

"Wait-I have to tell people? I didn't want anyone to know!" I exclaim.

"Why don't you want anyone to know?" Daveed asks.

"I don't know. It's just embarrassing." I shrug.

"No it's not! It's your love life! It's pretty adorable." Daveed says, a little too loud.

I laugh and say, "See what I mean."

Daveed laughs with me and says, "You should go to bed. It's getting late and you got school tomorrow."

"Don't remind me." I groan, getting up and going to my room.

_____________________________

I wake up and quickly get ready. I throw on a plaid shirt and red-ish jeans. I brush my hair out and part it at the side. It's official-I leave my hair down more than I put it up.

I throw my backpack over my shoulder. I grab some cereal from the Lin's dressing room. Why does he have cereal in there? I don't know. But it comes in handy.

I rush out the door and walk to school. I'm going to have to awkwardly face Dylan. He'll probably avoid me. But whatever. I now know he has feelings for me too.

Once again, I eat alone at lunch. I see Dylan sit with his group. We make eye contact, but I quickly look back down at my book, blushing.

I notice out of the corner of my eye, Oak and Lin walk in through the lunch doors, wearing visitor passes. Confused, I walk up to them and ask, "Why are you here?"

"Hello to you too." Lin chuckles. I smirk, because people are noticing it's the starts of a hit broadway show in the room.

"We're here because we just got the news that Hamilton is nominated for 16 Tony's! We're taking you out of school early!" Oak whisper yells.

"Awesome! But, what's a Tony?" I ask, kind of clueless while tucking my hands in the back pockets of my jeans. I mean, I've heard of a Tony before, but for 5 years I've been shut out from pop culture in the foster system, so I need a refresher.

Lin and Oak burst out laughing. I laugh too, but I'm serious. I have no idea what a Tony is. I still flinch at the name 'Tony'.

"It's an award for theatre, " Lin explains, "And we have a record breaking 16 nominations! So we're taking you out to celebrate!"

I smile and get in a group hug with them. "Did you already check me out so I can leave?" I ask, like they don't know how it works.

"Of course." Oak says, "No go get your stuff and let's go."

I smile and walk off, throwing my paper brown sack away, and all the lunch in it. I rush with Oak and Lin to my homeroom to get my backpack. On my way out of the lunchroom, Dylan mouths to me "Text me." Confused, I nod. Why would he want me to?

As we walk out of the prison called school, Lin and Oak get stopped a lot by teachers and get asked for pictures. At that rate, it takes forever to get out of the building. I sigh in releif when we do, becuase I didn't think we'd make it out.

We walk in to the theatre, to see everyone on the stage. With drinks in their hands, they greet us. "It's only 12:00 in the afternoon, why are you partying now?" I ask.

"We couldn't wait! Or party without you!" Renee exclaims. I laugh.

_____________________________

The party was great. I had lots of fun. I also found out that tomorrow is when Lin is going to tell the world about me at a Ham4Ham. Of course, I had to ask what that was to. I'm still new.

I go back to my room when the party is over when everyone starts getting ready for the show.

I lay on my couch in sweatpants and a gray sweatshirt that says, 'Squad'. I thought it was cute, so Renee, Pip, and Jas got it for me. I throw my hair in a messy bun on the top of my head. I work on my homework when I receive a text from Dylan. I forgot to text him, crap!

D: Why did you avoid me today?

M: I don't know, I thought you would be embarrassed by me. With your 'popular' group.

D: I could never be embarrassed of you. I mean, I kissed you so I obviously like you lol.

M: Haha😂❤️

D:Do you wanna maybe, do something after school Friday?

M: Sure!

D: Great. It'll be just you and me. We can get to know each other little better😂😉

M: Haha,yeah

D: Well, I gotta go. See ya tomorrow.

M: See you tomorrow!

Well, I think I was just asked out on my first date.

_____________________________

Thanks for reading❤️ How do you think the date will go? Do you think that Maddie will stop avoiding Dyaln? So many questions. So many answers.
Okay this got weird haha love y'all.

Xo.