Chapter 8

The cast keeps telling me I did a great job, but I'm not sure. I still feel kinda shy.

"Maddie! Look!" Lin says, showing me his phone.

I scroll through, what appears to be tweets on Lin's Twitter.

@Peggydeservedbetter_
Oh my God! I already love Maddie! Welcome to the #hamilfamily Maddie Taylor💓

@Thomas.Madison
Okay..but why can't I have Maddie Taylor's voice?😳

@elizahamilton18
I saw the Ham4Ham today..And whoa. I absolutely love Maddie!!❤️

As I scroll through the heartwarming tweats, and tell Lin, "Tweet out that I say thank you!"

Lin quickly types something into his phone and says, "Done."

I smile and jump up excitedly. "Can I go get something to eat?" I ask.

"Sure, but you have to get me something." He replies, giving me $20.

"Okay." I mutter, walking away. I run into Leslie, and ask if he wants to. He says yes please, but only if it's McDonald's.

I laugh and say, "What else would it be?"

______________________________

I walk to McDonalds, and get stopped to ask for pictures. I feel happy. People actually want a picture with me. A foster kid, who wears oversized sweaters, and sits alone at lunch.

I get inside the McDonalds, and order Lin, Leslie, and myself something. I also decide to get Jazzy something, because she hasn't been having the best day.

As I walk out with all my stuff, I see big men with cameras take pictures and shout at me. I decide to ignore them. The flashes are bright, and really bright.

I start walking quickly to avoid them, but they keep following me. I start breathing heavily. Oh no.

Not now.

An anxiety attack.

I'm soon at the theatre, and I burst in. I slam the door and break down in tears. I breathe heavily more and more, soon Thayne is at my side. "Maddie? Are you okay?" He asks, rubbing my shoulders.

"LIN!" He shouts.

I can't calm down. I need to be saved.

______________________________

Thanks for reading loves❤️ Thanks for 400 reads!! You guys are the best! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Xo.