Chapter 38

Tomorrow is the day of the Tony's, and I can't be more excited. I'm going to get ready with Pippa, Renee, and Jazzy. I already have my dress picked out, thanks to Vogue. Who agreed to styling me because they're doing Pippa as well. No big deal.

I'm hanging out with Oak, Daveed, and Anthony before they go on in about 2 hours. "Are you guys nervous?" I ask. "Of course. I really hope I win, but I don't think I will. With Christopher and Jonathan in my category, I'm toast." Daveed says, his eyes wide.

"You don't know that! Have some confidence!" I say, pattimg him on the shoulder. "Ha! I wish it was that easy." He laughs. "I wish you weren't so stubborn." I snap back, waving my finger back and forth sassily. "You've been hanging around Andrew too much." Oak laughs.

I shrug and whip my straightened hair over my shoulder. "Are you gonna bring any of your friends to the show?" Anthony asks, as the hairdresser puts his curly hair in a ponytail.

"You mean frien-duh." I correct, emphasizing the singular word. "Yeah, I think I'm gonna take Romeo." "Excuse me," Oak starts, "I'm offended." "We're your best friends." Daveed says. I roll my eyes and say, "No you guys are like..my crazy grandmas or something." They all burst out laughing.

"Guys, come here! Maddie I found some photos of you when you were like 3!" Lin says, smiling from ear to ear. The guys run out the door, but I reluctantly get up and ask, "Where did you find these photos?" "Your grandma, she had a ton of shoeboxes full of photos!" He exclaims. I've seen my grandma around 3 times since I got adopted. It's kind of a shame, but I've been so busy! Plus the Hills would never take me to see her.

I walk to the couch between all the dressing rooms where most if the cast is sitting on top of each other.

I squeeze in between Lin, who is holding the pictures, and Jonathan. "Okay, you ready guys?" Lin asks. "You know it!" Jonanthan exclaims. Everyone nods in agreement as I say, "No not really."

Lin pulls out the first picture. Everyone goes, "Awww." While Jonathan just snorts, causing me to elbow him.

" While Jonathan just snorts, causing me to elbow him

"You're tanner than I am now!" Thayne exclaims. "You look the exact same!" Renee says, pointing at my face in the photo. Pippa takes a picture of it, causing me to groan. Lin takes out the second photo.

Everyone starts laughing, as I facepalm and groan again

Everyone starts laughing, as I facepalm and groan again. "That's the same reaction you had when I told you that you didn't have to cook for me." Lin jokes. Everyone laughs again, including me. "Okay, one last one because Maddie is about to kill me!" Lin rules. "Fine." Jazzy pouts.

"Oh

"Oh..my God." Carleigh says, covering her mouth as she laughs. Everyone starts taking pictures and videos. Lysha took over the Hamilton Snapchat today, so she records the picture, than me, then the picture, then me. I stand up and do the same pose I was doing in the picture, causing more people to laugh.

"Okay, okay, we're done here!" I exclaim as I get up. "You all have a show to prepare for! Go, go, go!" I order as I start pulling people off the couch. "You're not gonna win best musical if you don't perform the musical!" I joke, pushing Eph towards his dressing room.

____________________________

aww this is so sweet and pure! i've had this image in my mind for like the longest time and ahh! i have mo idea how to end this story rip :(

xo.