Chapter 28

Nothing bad happened. Weirdly. How can Dylan be such a jerk, and the moment he can expose me, he backs off. I just don't get it. Well, soon it won't be a problem. There's like, one more week of school until summer!

I'm doing well in all of my classes. Everything is going fine. Except for the fact that it's basically summer and it's raining! I mean, I actually love the rain, but I want to feel like it's summer!

As I'm walking down the street, turning the corner to see the Richard Rogers sign, I feel arms wrap around my waist. I'm taken off the ground. Someone is carrying me as they run in the opposite direction of the theatre.

I turn my head to catch a glimpse of Tony's face. Tony's always been a short, puny kid, so how is he picking me up off the ground right now? I know I've been starved for the past 5 years, but still? I've been actually getying fed by Lin and the cast. But, that should really, be the least of my worries right now.

"Let me go!" I scream. I try and break from his grasp, but it's too strong. Soon, he throws me into a house I know well.

The Hill's.

I start shaking, "Take me back!" I scream. That's when Johnny and Logan step out from behind Tony, and horrifyingly, Mr. and Mrs. Hills.

"What do y-you want from me?" I stutter, going back to my shy, scared self from a month ago.

"We could actually get some money off of keeping you here. And don't even think about leaving. Or else you'll never see Lin-Manny, or whatever his name is again." Johnny snears. I scramble up off the ground, get right in his face, point my finger like a parent lecturing their kid and I say firmly, "His name. Is Lin-Manuel Miranda. And he's more talented than you'll ever be!"

They just laugh at me and grab my hands and wrap them behind my back. "No ones gonna help you now, Maddie," Tony says, "Looks like you're not gonna get saved this time."

_______________________________

I'm sorry this is trash but I needed to update!! 😭💕Love y'all.

Xo.