Chapter 36

Lunch time is my least favorite part of my day, if you couldn't tell. Unnecessary drama always starts there, and I always somehow end up caught in the middle of it. Karma of dating Dylan. Damn you, karma.

I sit alone as I silently eat my salad as I pretend it's anything unhealthy. Lin constantly makes me eat healthy, and it's really annoying. I'm skinny enough as it is. I soon find myself listening in on Brynn and Dylan's conversation taking place at the tanle beh

"You told me you would hang out tonight!" She whispers harshly. "I told you, Brynnie," I cringe at the nickname, "I have to study!" He retorts.

She scoffs and says, "I doubt that, you never study!" That was true, I would be up studying for a test, while Dylan would be constantly texting me about how much he despises studying.

"Well, maybe I just don't want to hang out with you!" He shouts back. His entire boy sqaud and her girl squad go silent. I snort quiet enough so no one can hear.

Even Dylan Martin won't hang out with her.

"Why don't you want to hang out with me?" She asks, clearly offended.

"Because I like Maddie! Okay?! Geez!" He shouts.

I'm frozen in my seat. The whole room goes quiet. "Maddie...Taylor?!" She hisses as if it's an insult.

"Ya! Maddie Taylor!" He exclaims. I feel everyone in the lunch room's - including Brynn and Dylan's - eyes staring me down. I turn around to face them. Dylan's face is full of sorrow, pity, and embarrassment. My face reads the opposite of what I assume he wants me to say. How could you. He gets my anger and shrugs.

I leave the lunch room in a rush. I fold my arms tightly, almost as a defense mechanism. I silently cry. I thought it was all solved. I would just have tk deal with Brynn, and it would be done. I only had less than a week left, and this happens.

I start walking down the hallway, ashamed and embarrassed. All because of Dylan.

"Maddie!" I hear his voice shout from ten feet behind me. I stopped when I should've kept walking.

"I'm sorry, it just cane out, but it was too late to take back." He says, his voice getting closer and closer. As soon as I feel his hand on my shoulder, I whip around, my long brown ahir clashing against my cheek.

He flinches as I hiss, "I was just getting over you, Dylan Martin. I was finally happy!"

I turn back around and continue walking. "Maddie!" He shouts. I only shake my head in disappointment. In myself, in Dylan, in everything. I barely had Romeo, and now I only have my parents.

All of them.

___________________________

I'm really happy with this!! Leave a comment and tell me who you ship Maddie with🤔 Love y'all.

Xo.