Chapter 14

The Beckham stick around for a while, actually. I sit in my room and scroll through my music, looking at all the Broadway and Taylor Swift albums I have.

I soon hear a knock on the door. "Come in!" I yell, looking up from my phone.

I see Romeo peek his head in. "Mind if I sit?" He asks, smiling.

I let out a small chuckle and reply, "Sure." I set my phone down and we have a nice conversation.

Soon he asks, "Can I give you my number, to keep in touch? My family is going to stay here for a little while, because of my mom's new  fashion line. I won't know anyone my age."

"Sure!" I say a little too enthusiastically. Was I developing a crush on Romeo? What about Dylan?

Romeo let's out a small chuckle, "It's 747-9238." I quickly type the numbers into my phone. "We'll keep in touch." I say, standing up.

"Yeah, definitely." Romeo says, copying my motions. We walk out of my room, to see his family getting ready to leave.

Lin and I walk them outside too, and I see flashes of cameras. Paparazzi. Hope I don't get an anxiety attack this time.

We all exchange handshakes and warm smiles, until I get to Romeo, instead, I give him a huge hug. Flashes shine in the corner of my eye.

"Bye!" I exclaim, as they get into their long black car.

"I think someone's gotta crush." Lin says, elbowing me as we walk inside.

"No." I say slowly, rolling my eyes, _____________________________

" I say slowly, rolling my eyes, _____________________________

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

MADDIE'S OUTFIT FOR THE NEXT BIT

_____________________________

I wake up the next morning, to my alarm clock scared. It may or may not be my last day at Lincoln. This school is all I have had for so long. It used to be where I got most of my food, because the Hills rarely gave me a full meal. It's also, where my, crush? goes.

I roll out of bed. I decide to wear a classy outfit. If I leave the school, at least they remember me looking good.

I brush my teeth and grab some breakfast from Lin and Jonathan's dressing room. I grab my backpack and start to run out of the theatre, but before I can make it out, Lin calls after me, "Hold up, Maddie! We're gonna take you!"

I turn around to see Lin standing with the entire cast, walking towards me.

I smile and almost starts crying. "Really? I'm runnning early so I guess." And that was true, I was running early.

We all form a big group hug, and head out. A bunch of people on the streets of New York at 7:20 a.m were probably not expecting this.

People gawk and point, as a 13-year-old girl leads a whole Broadway cast through a huge city. We make it to the school, and I don't want to leave my family. My family.

We form a huge group hug once again, and I walk into school, ready to face whatever's awaiting me.

_____________________________

I decide to spend my lunch at the library, looking for some good books. I make my way over to the biography section, and stumble upon the Alexander Hamilton biography. I flip through the pages, and I hear someone laughing.

I turn my head to the right, with my eyebrows furrowed, to see two librarians pointing at me and chuckling.

"Is there a problem?" I ask in the most polite way I can.

"We know that you're adopted by the Broadway cast of Hamilton, and we thought it was funny. Cause, ya know. The book you're reading!" One of the ladies in a purple cardigan explains.

I give a huge chuckle, and go back to reading. Everytime I see a Layfeyette, or John Lauren's, or Hercules, or Eliza, or any other name. I automatically think about the cast. I love them all so much.

As I flip through the pages in the book, someone leans against the huge bookcase in front of me. I look up to see Dylan, standing like a cringy boy from a high school movie.

"Hey Dylan." I say, turning my attention back to my book.

"Hay Maddie. I'm really sorry. I hope you know that." He says, standing straight up.

"I know. I'm gonna..gonna go." I say, putting the biography back and walking past him. I decide not to tell him that it might be my last day.

I try to walk out of the library, but Dylan grabs my hand behind me. It's an electrifying touch. Maybe, I should stick around. For a while.

_______________________________

Thanks for reading loves❤️ I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! I have some plans for this book, so keep reading😝 Have a wonderful day💕

Xo.