The males watched in awe and surprise as Suji began to play her part, her hands playing smoothly as the sound flowed out perfectly.

Minjae seemed sadden but he wasn't shedding tears. He turned his head to the males and leaned in, "Our parents used to play this song every New Years. It was like a tradition of ours."

Sun Woo blinked, "Does that mean.."

Minjae nodded, "Seems the Queen wanted to bring back memories. I'm not surprised she misses them too, they were close friends after all.."

The rest stayed silent as Minjae continued,

"I was only 4, perhaps, when our parents passed. I kind of remember them but I don't at the same time," The Hwarang men frowned at the boy, he didn't remember his parents,

"By the stories that Suji tells us, I knew our parents were good people. I heard that they used to tell us stories of how they met each other.." Minjae trailed off, sighing deeply,

"Who?" Tae Oh whispered, his eyes wide as he glanced at everyone cluelessly. The others exchanged glances.

Right, Tae Oh never met his parents.

"Remember the bedtime story Suji always tells you?" Inseong asked quietly, leaning down to Tae Oh. Tae Oh's eyes lit up, "Oh! Warriors!"

Inseong nodded, "Yes, the two warriors,"

Eunha noticed the looks on the males' faces and let out a sigh, "We figured that it was better to let him know when he's old enough. Although he knows Suji is his older sister, he sees her as a mother figure."

"It's good though, Suji already acts like a parent anyway." Jihun shrugged as Jihan chuckled, "It's nice to experience in having a parent figure."

"Can you tell them the story of the two strong warriors?" Soo asked Tae Oh, motioning to the six males as he nodded rapidly, "Yes!"

With anticipating eyes, Tae Oh began to tell the story,

"One day, two fighters, boy and girl, were asked to play music at a festival!" Tae Oh started, clapping his heads in happiness, "They start playing this song, the one Suji and Junnie is playing! Then, when the girl was playing her, stringy stick, the boy stared at her!" Tae Oh giggled as the others smiled at him.

"When they finish the song, the boy kept bothering the girl,"

With the beautiful music in the background, it made the story even better, despite the poorly descriptions, Tae Oh and his cuteness made everything alright.

"They start to become best friends and fight the bad people together," Hansung giggled at Tae Oh's hand gestures as he explained the story,

"One day, the boy," Tae Oh looks at Soo Ho, "What is called when someone tell someone they love the person?"

Soo Ho raised his eyebrow, "Hm.. Confessed?"

Tae Oh seemed confused but nodded anyways, "Yes! The boy confessed to the girl and they get married and have a family!"

"Nice, he just skipped the entire story." Jihan snorted.

"He summarized it," Eunha corrected, "Something you still don't know how to do."

"You little brat—"

"Was it the Queen's intentions or a coincidence?" Yeo Wool started, making the others look at him,

"What do you mean?" Soo Ho asked,

Yeo Wool nodded his head towards the stage, "Suji and Jun."

Sun Woo furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Huh?"

Yeo Wool let his eyes roll playfully as a smirk formed on his face, "Don't you guys see it? Their pare—" Remembering Tae Oh, he quickly changed his choice of words, "The two warriors. Suji and Jun represents them, that's probably why they were chosen to play."

"Now that I think of it, he's right." Eunha agreed.

"It was probably a coincidence," Soo Ho shrugged as Ji Dwi stared at the two,

"I think it was the Queen's intentions.."

He watched as Jun would sneak glances at Suji as she played her part, a loving gaze was clear in his eyes. Whenever Jun played, Suji seemed to try her best and not look at Jun, as she seemed to already be in a flustered state.

Shortly, cheers erupted as the two finished. They both bowed and smiled at each other softly.

Ji Dwi glanced over at his mother to see her smiling a genuine smile, clapping her hands proudly.

"It was the Queen's intentions."

holy guacamole

i am back after 7292738 years

i keep forgetting to write since i have finals coming up—i literally have one tmrw—but i knew you guys were waiting for an update so here it is!

thank you for being patience with me and for waiting,, love u guys sm!!!!!!

the pin^^

and if y'all wanna know the song suji and jun performed, search up "don't decorate your dreams" and click the first one

chinese instruments:

guzheng - a chinese plucked string instrument, it has 16 (or more) strings and movable bridges

erhu - two-stringed bowed musical instrument

(dk if these are the correct instruments for the song but i'm 99.99% sure it is, or i'm 100% wrong but ok)

—fathercoups