Chapter Thirteen - Cassidy

Start from the beginning

The next day, I went to school with Hailey and the others. The day passes as per normal. Nothing special happened. However, after school, I have decided to go home. I wouldn’t want to trouble them again. I stood outside of my house door, taking deep breathes before entering.

“Sweetheart, is that you?” My mum dashed out from the room and appeared in front of me within split seconds.

“Mum.” I called. She immediately engulfed me into a hug.

“I thought I lost you forever. I thought I wouldn’t be able to hear you call me mum ever again. I’m sorry, Madelynn. For everything that has happened.”

“I’m sorry too, mum. For running away.” I looked up and met her teary eyes.

“I’m sorry for treating you as a replacement for Cassidy before. I know Cassidy is gone. She won’t be coming back anymore. As a mother, I just couldn’t accept the fact previously. I’m sorry for hurting you, Madelynn.”

“Mum…”

“But as time goes by, I really treat you as my own daughter. Not as a replacement of Cassidy. But as Madelynn.”

“I know, mum. I understand.” My mum leaned in and hugged me again.

“I’m really sorry. Please forgive mummy.”

“Mum. Can you tell me where is Cassidy’s grave? I would like to pay a visit.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mum didn’t want to tell me at first but eventually, she told me the directions. I copied down what she has said onto a piece of paper. I shower and changed into a new set of clothing before setting off to visit Cassidy. At first, mum didn’t want me to go as the sky is getting dark soon. She suggested going in the morning. But, I couldn’t care less. I just feel that I should go pay her a visit.

After probably 3 hours of bus ride, I got down the bus and followed the directions given by my mum. I walked into a forest till I reached the clearings. In that big area, there is only 1 tombstone. I walked over and saw her name carve on it.

Cassidy Marie Lewis (Callie)

Luna of Red Blood Pack

Mate of Jayden Edward Walker

26 October 1989

28 November 2010

My eyes scanned across her name and realised the name ‘Callie’ is also carved on it.

“Luna…?” My fingers traced the words as I mumbled.

“Mate…?”