chapter 15

Me and rick kept walking to camp making small talk until we heard a scream. We stopped walking and ran to where the scream was coming from. We got closer and saw lori holding carl, she saw us come up together , and boy was she pissed. Sopia pointed to where the others were, we got there and see one of those things eating a deer.

"A walker" shane said staring at it with hate. A walker? That actually sounds better than geeks.

Everyone was beating "the walker" with bats, stick's, and a pitchfork. A fucking pitchfork are you kidding me? Everyone was beating the walker, dont these people know its gotta be the head? Then dale brings down an axe and cut its head off.

Okay thats one way of doing it.

"Son of a bitch that's my deer." We all turned around to see daryl come out of the woods.

"Look at it. All gnawed on by this (kick) filthy, disease -bearing, (kick) motherless, poxy bastard!"

"Calm down son. That's not helping" dale said. Daryl walked up to him and said.

"What do you know about it old man? Why dont you take that stupid hat and go back to " on golden pond"
Thats it. I walked up behind daryl and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Daryl, calm down yelling about it is not gonna change what happened." He turned and glared at me, i stared back and showed no fear. We stared at eachother for a minute until he dropped his and walked past me. I looked at everyone and see them staring at me shocked that i calmed daryl down. I turned away to look at daryl again.

"Ive been tracking this deer for miles" he said while pulling his arrow out of the deer.

"Gonna drag it back and cook us up some venison." He looked at me and asked "what do you think? Do you think we can cut around this chewed up part right here?"

I looked at the deer and got sick to my stomach just for the thought of eating it after a walker chewed on it. I looked back at him and answered.

"I wouldnt risk it" he sighed

"Thats a damn shame. Well i got some squirrels about a dozen or so. That will have to do."

I looked down because i heard a moan and see the walker trying to bite my foot. I completly forgot about it. I pulled out my katana from its sheath and stabbed the walker in the head. I put my foot on its face and pulled it out. I looked up and see everyone staring.

"What? Its gotta be the head." I said, i looked at daryl and he smirked at me, and i smirked back. I then looked at rick to see him mad. Crap.

Daryl yelled walking to the camp. "Merle" oh shit i walked up to him.

"Merle get your ugly ass out here! I got us some squirrels! Lets stew' em up."

"Daryl wait" i said cathing up to him

"Daryl, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you." Shane walked up.

"About what?" Daryl asked.

"About merle, there's was a problem in atlanta." Everyone was silent.

"He dead?" He looked at the ground and was pacing back and forth.

"We're not sure" shane replied.

"He either is or he aint" daryl was getting really frustrated.

Rick walked up "no easy way to say this, so i'll just say it." Hold up i thought i was suppose to tell him.

"Who are you?" Daryl asked.

"Rick grimes" he looked him up and down

"Well rick grimes you got something you wanna tell me?"

"You're brother was a danger to us all, he hit zahrah with a rifle, and beat t-dog. So i handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal." Daryl looked at me, getting a good look of what his brother did, and i saw sympathy in his eyes. He looked back at rick with anger.

"Hold on. Let me process this. You're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof and you left him there?!" He yelled.

Rick nodded his head."yeah"

Daryl threw the squirrels at rick and charged at him but shane tackled him and put him in a chokehold. Daryl squirmed.

"Chokeholds illegal"

"Yeah you can file out a complaint." Said shane.

"Come on man. We'll keep this up all day" he added

Daryl was still squirming because he cant breathe. Shane needs to stop. But daryl needs to calm down. So i kneeled down eye level.

"Daryl you need to calm down." I said but he wasnt listening, he was still squirming. I put my hand on his leg and said.

"Daryl you need to calm down , so we can have a calm discussion."

Daryl was trying to hold back his tears while panting eventually he gave up. I looked at shane and nod my head to tell him to let go. And he did. Rick came up beside knelt down.

"What i did was not on a whim. Your brother does not play well with others."

"Its not ricks fault. I had the key and i dropped it. " t-dog said

"You couldnt pick it up?" Daryl said

" i dropped it in a drain." Daryl got up and i helped him.

"If its supposed to make me feel better, it dont"

"Well maybe this will. Look i chained the door to roof so the geeks couldnt get at him." Rick jumped in too.

"Its gotta count for something." Daryl was about to cry but held it back and yelled.

"To hell with all y'all!" He walked off to his tent. I felt bad, i followed after him until someone grabbed my grabbed my arm, i turned around and see it was rick. "Where are you going?" He asked

"Im going to go talk to daryl."
He let go and i walked off.

Well,  that went smooth