chapter 13

It was night time and everyone was gathered around the fire after dinner i sat next glenn with max sitting in front of me.

The sheriff was telling us how he woke from a coma a few days ago, and how a man and his son saved his life. Man that must be scary, to wake up to all of this and not knowing what was going on.

I kept seeing lori glaring at shane, they must have been messing around i thought, but thats none of my business. I was completely zoned out until i heard my name.

"I porbably woulndt be here if it wasnt for zahrah."

I look up to see rick looking at me with a grateful look. I was confused.

"You have saved my life 3 times since i met you."

I see everyone looking at me and i dodnt like it especially with lori and shane looking. I wanted the attention off of me.

"Glenn also helped, he got you out of that tank."

"Yeah, but it was also your idea to use our radio to get in contact with him." Glenn said

"Thank you zahrah." Rick said with that beautiful smile.

I just nodded my head.

I still see lori giving me a death stare but i didnt care, hell she should be thanking me for saving her husbands ass.

"Has anyone given any thought to daryl dixon? He wont be happy to hear his brother was left behind." Dale said. Oh shit, i just realized he wasnt here.

"I'll tell him. I dropped the key it's on me. " t-dog said.

"I cuffed him. That makes it mine."
The sheriff added. Glenn spoke and said.

"Guys, its not a competition . I dont mean to bring race into this, but it might sound better coming from a white guy, but i also think it sounds better coming from zahrah." Everyone looked at me.

"Why me?" I asked, glenn answered and said.

"Your the only person that actually talks to daryl in the group."

" no i dont." I protest

"Yeah you do, i saw you and him the other night, you guys were practically flirting before we left for the city."

"Flirting and having a conversation are two different things." I said, but he did have a point he might be a little calm if i told him. Plus when he sees my busted lip and eyebrow, he'll probably understand that his brother was out of control. Im not gonna like this. I sighed and said. "Fine i'll tell him."