chapter 8

I woke the morning, looking and see everyone doing something. I also see max down under the tree, he must be waiting for me to come down. When i i climbed i see carl and sophia coming towards me.
"Hey zahrah do you wanna play tag with me and sophia?" Why not, i got nothing better to do.
"Sure, come on max" you can tell max was ready to play. I didnt see daryl anywhere he must of went hunting by himself.

Me and the kids played tag for a while, and i must say i was actually i was actually having fun, i've always loved kids, hell i was a kid myself on the inside. We were still playing until shane and glenn interupted us.

"Hey zahrah can we talk to you for a second" i looked at the kids and said "i'll be back"  in a panting tone. Jesus my ass is out of shape. I walked over to glenn and shane, and see the whole group huddled up. What the hell is going on?

"Whats up ?" I said once i got closer. Glenn looked at me like he was scared.

"We need to make a run into the city and scavage what we can. Me, andrea, jacqui, t-dog, merle, and morales are going, but i would feel comfortable if you came with us." I looked at everyone with hope written on there faces, i can probably find some useful stuff in the city too.
"Yeah i'll go."

After the group talk, everyone who was going on this run started packing and saying goodbye to there loved ones.

All i did was pack my bag and grab my bow and arrows with my katana, i dont really have anyone to say bye to except max, but he has been acting really clingy lately, he probably sense something wrong. Everyone started getting in the truck. I was on my way but stopped when i heard my namd called "zahrah"
I looked back and it was sophia with carl.

"Are you leaving?" She asked.
I still had a few days left, and were only gonna be gone for one day. I looked down and told her.

"No i'll be back, i'll only be good for a day." Her and carl didnt look happy so i got an idea. I kneeled down to eye level and said.

"Can you guys watch max for me while im gone?" They both smiled and nodded there heads.

" he needs to be fed and likes to play tag, you think you can handle that until i come back?" They both smiled and nodded their heads. What happened next was unexpected.
Sophia hugged me,  i was shocked i stood there with her arms around my neck, i then hugged her back. It felt good to hug someone it made felt good. I see carl standing there awkward , i opened one arm inviting him into a group hug. He didnt hesitate to move he smiled when he hugged me. We held eachother for a good minute, but broke the hug when i heard daryl's voice.

"So you leaving?"  I looked up and see daryl standing there. I looked at the kids and asked them to give me and daryl a minute.

"I'll only be gone for a day, i'll come back dixon." He looked at me and gave me a small smile, i think thats the first time i seen him smile, he had a beautiful smile i'll tell you that.

"Yeah you better, if you dont imma come look for you, and drag back and tie you to a tree." I smiled

"Come on zahrah, you lovebirds will see eachother when we get back." Andrea yelled. My eyes went wide as i looked at daryl. He had a little smile obviously not embarassed by what andrea said. I sighed and looked at daryl
"Later dixon."