chapter 7

Everyone was pretty much going to sleep, i was too but then i saw merle get up and go to his tent while daryl still sat next to the fire, nows my chance. I took on step.

"Not much of a talker are you?" I turned to see it was dale.
"No, i was before this happened, its just been a minute since ive been around people."
He nod his head and said
"I dont expect you to open up so quickly, you just head time" i smiled
"Thanks for understanding"
" hey thats just me, get some rest kid. I'll see you in the morning, goodnight"
"Goodnight" when dale walked to his r.v.  i walked to towards daryl, when i got closer, without looking up he said

"What do you want girly?" How the did he know it was me? He looked up

"I told you my name is zahrah" i said taking a seat across from him.

"I came over to say thank you for saving my ass back there." He just stared, and nod his head. Not much of a talker, but then again i was the same way.

"How did you learn to hunt?" I asked just curious, he asked me might as well ask him too, edleast try to make conversation. Without looking at me he said.

"Taught myself, i spent more times out there then at home." I nodded my head. I hear something come up behind and it was max.

"Hey max" i said while scratching behind his ear.

"You decided to keep him?" Daryl asked

"He came by his own choice, might as well give him a name." It was quiet for a few seconds until daryl asked.

"So are you staying?"

"Im staying til the end of the week and then i'll see if i will actually stay with you guys." He nodded his head and looked at me and said.

"I was kinda hoping you would leave." He said with a smirk. Is he flirting with me? Im never good at these sort of things. But im not let him break me.

"Well then i guess im staying" we starred at eachother for what felt like hours but was actually seconds.

"You should stay" this time he sounded serious.

"Why" i asked

" need more people like you in this group, plus you dont get on my nerves" we both laughed

" yeah your pretty much the only one i can tolerate in this group especially glenn." And with that i got up and walked to my tree with max beside me. I Turned around and looked and looked at daryl.
"Goodnight dixon"
" goodnight girly"