42. Jemma

I leaned against the doorway of the nursery. Beatrix was holding Sara, singing a lullabye with a big smile on her face. She didn't notice me, which gave me time to check her out. She was in really good shape; I couldn't even tell that she just had a baby. Her perfectly flat, almost abbed stomach, peeked from under her tight black crop top and baggy flannel... That flannel looked oddly familiar. I inched a bit closer and heard that she was singing Valerie. Beatrix then laid Sara down in her the crib.

"Screw it," I mumbled, grabbing Beatrix by the collar and kissing her with all the passion I could muster. It was different, our kiss. It wasn't like any others I had had before her. It was everything. With others, their kisses were bland -almost tasteless- but Beatrix was different. She tasted like everything good, like a happy future.

After our quick kiss --that left me wanting more-- Beatrix slumped back, blushing a violent shade of crimson.

"Am I it?" she joked. "I mean, the thing that you're screwing."

"I fucking hate you," I teased. "Oops. I probably shouldn't say fucking around Sara. Fuck, I said it again."

Beatrix giggled, "Let's just go somewhere else." She buried her face in her hands and pranced over to my bedroom. I followed. As I plopped on my bed, she stood in the middle of the floor, staring at my pictures on the walls.

"I-I like that picture, from the wedding. Henry and Wanda. I mean, she totally cheated on him with Vision which was horrible judgement on her part," she rambled flusteredly, refusing to look me in the eyes. "Shoot, I wasn't supposed to say anything. You won't, right?" Smirking, I slowly made my way over to her. I waited until there was a thin layer of air between us; I felt her unsteady breaths as she refused to look me in the eyes. "She, she should just dump Henry... I'm really nervous right now. Girls never make me nervous. Guys don't either, for that matter, but-"

Beatrix became quiet as I placed my hand on her waist, termintating the remaining room between us. "First of all, will you take that flannel off? It belongs to my ex, and I'm uncomfortable. Second of all, I am only fifteen years old, and I've been through more shitty things than most adults. I have trust issues because of that. But I never had any problem trusting you. I knew you for a few hours before I was willing to make out with you in front of everyone I knew. That doesn't happen. I guess my heart just knew something that my mind didn't because I really like you. All I know is I want you-"

Beatrix cut me off with an intense kiss. Our lips were moving in perfect sync. I bent over a little to pick her up, but I was weaker than I anticipated. We fell on the floor laughing. I sat leaning back on my hands while Beatrix, whi laid on her stomach, began fiddling with the ends of my vest in her fingers. She still refused to look me in the eyes.

"Um, your boobs look great in that shirt, and I'm having a hard time not staring at them," she laughed.

"Your eyes look great. I'm having a hard time not looking at them," I flirted, tipping her chin towards me.

"Oh, that's smooth. Why am I suddenly the awkward one?"

"I don't know, but I think it's really cute."

"Stop making me blush. I don't like it."

"Well, if you don't like blushing," I smirked, "maybe you like kissing."

"Mmm. I do. How did ya know?"

Using one hand, I pulled her face closer mine, gently pressing my lips on hers. Before anything fun could happen, an obnoxious cough interrupted us. I turned around to find Bucky in the doorway.

"Dinner is ready, and I'm definitely telling everyone about this," he announced.

"Bucky, please don't. I don't want Peter to find out. Please, I'll do anything," I begged, immediately regretting the anything.

"Tell me where Lilith is and let me take the credit for fiding her," he said. Oh. That could have been so much worse.

"Deal. She's the mistress to an old one percenter that's letting her stay at his house in the Hamptons. Have fun with her," I smirked, walking out to the kitchen.