44. Bea

Jemma got hit by a sleeping curse. No, not hit. Zelena put her under becuase she thought Jemma couldn't survive the fight. But while she was too busy protecting the most badass, half-superhero that I have ever met, the dragon killed my mother with one swipe of her wing, possibly. No one really saw what happened because again, everyone was too bothered with Jemma. Of course, where would I be if something happened to her, too? I would have no one left. My dad hated me because I was the reason he couldn't be with my mom. Peter hated me because I stole his girlfriend. But Jemma was basically gone, and I was alone. I needed her. I needed her help to get through this.

After the fight, Zelena brought everyone back to Storybrooke. Natasha stayed back with Sara. I needed to be around people after what happened. Who knows what I would've done if they left me alone.

As David walked down the stairs of his apartment with a sanguine look on his face, I attempted to ensconce the feeling of my soul leaving my body. He won. I couldn't be with Jemma because that was Henry's place. But as I stood helpless and watched Henry bolt away from the bedroom, my stomach dropped into my toes, and my heart was beating faster than The Flight of the Bumblebee. David's plan flopped... But that also meant Jemma wasn't safe. My eyes raced around as I searched for Peter. He was in a back corner on his laptop, presumably editing photos for his blog. I sheepishly crept over to when he was sitting, tarrying in my stride. When he noticed me and put his laptop away, he offered for me to sit next to him.

"I don't know why this is bothering me so much," I sighed. "I barely know Jemma. I mean, she's your ex. Why should I even care? I-"

"Stop," Peter interrupted before grabbing my hand. Not in the cute interlocking fingers way a boyfriend would, but in the I'm your older brother so you better shut up and listen kind of way. "I see the way you two look at each other. I know you love her, and don't tell me you don't because you used to look at me with those same eyes."

"Peter, what are you talking about?" I asked, genuinely. Did I love her? "How could I fall for a girl that was dating not only my ex, but my best friend? I mean, we've only known each other a few months. Love at first sight only happens in the movies."

"You are the demigod child of Thor and Jane that gave birth to Spiderman's daughter who was adopted by Captain America and Black Widow. She is the daughter of Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter that was adopted by the Blue Fairy and was parented by Snow White and Prince Charming. There is nothing more magical and movie-like than the two of you. Now please, don't let my giving up the girl I love be in vain. I couldn't live with myself if I let her go for nothing," Peter pep talked. It crushed me to see him so upset.

I smiled in thanks before pacing around the kitchen. I grabbed a can of cherry coke then timorously walked up the stairs. When I entered the room, Mary Margaret waited by her bed. Her eyes were puffy and swollen, but dry. A few moments passed before she noticed that I'd walked in.

"Peter was looking for you. He wanted you to give consent for a few pictures of Neal for his blog," I lied. "And don't worry. I can stay with her."

Mary Margaret burst out of the room on the verge of tears. I could barely imagine being in her shoes. If anything like this happened to Sara, I... I couldn't fathom the grief.

There was a little stool by her bed. Jemma's stomach raised in little puffs as she breathed. I reached out to hold her hand and it was as if I held a block of ice, which only made me take her one hand in both of mine to try and warm it. As I kept in mind what I was about to do, I replayed a very important memory in my mind. We sat at the stools in the diner because Peter attempted to force us into a friendship. Jemma's blonde hair was messy and wind blown as she smiled at me. I couldn't help but admire her beauty.