27. Jemma

Christmas Eve. The most important of the Avengers parties of the whole year. Of course, Tony had thrown thousands of parties, but his Christmas Eve party was the only party that was for superheroes and families only. A bunch of cheesy party games were played, or so I was told. Tasha told me that every year upon entry, everyone was given a clothespin. Tony had mistletoe hidden in random spots and if two people stood under it without kissing, people surrounding them could steal their clothespins. The person with the most clothespins at the end of the night got $100.

As I was pinning the last bit of hair into my half up crown braid, Peter walked into the doorway of my bathroom.

"Hey, Peter. Will you hand me my hairspray?" I asked. He webbed it to me. "Thanks."

When the cloud of aerosol disappeared, Peter had a coughing fit.

"Is this the sixties? Chill with the hairspray," he coughed.

"No. If it were the sixties, I would still be in an ice chamber or whatever it was," I sassed. "Now shut up and kiss me."

Rolling his eyes, Peter put his hands on my waist and crashed his lips onto mine.

"Are you ready to go now?" he asked.

"Oh no. Your tie clashes with my dress. I'm gonna go borrow one of Steve's. Hold on."

Its a good thing that I knocked before walking into Steve and Tasha's room. I wasn't sure what it was lately, but ever since they went to Germany, the two of them had been inseparable. It would have been cute if Steve wasn't my dad; therefore, it was disgusting.

"Steve, can Peter borrow a red tie? He's wearing a salmon one right now because apparently it is the only one he owns." I gagged at the thought of my boyfriend liking the color salmon.

Steve leaned into his closet and handed me a red tie that matched my dress perfectly.

"Thank you."

I found Peter in the living room without his disgusting tie.

"Where's the-"

"In your room. Also can you tie the tie for me? May usually does it for me."

I scoffed playfully before agreeing. Just after Peter finished tightening the tie, Steve and Tasha came out of their bedroom. The four of us walked to Stark Tower together, and we were actually given clothespins as we walked in.

"Wait, Tasha, you were serious about the mistletoe thing?" I scoffed. As if on cue, Wanda attempted to call out an unsuspecting Scott and Rhodey standing under the mistletoe. Both disgusted, they quickly pecked each other on the lips before running in opposite directions.

"Does that answer your question?" Steve chuckled.

"Oh, dear. Its going to be a long night," I sighed. "I'm gonna go hide in the kitchen... For now..."

My attempt, however, failed because I found myself with Sam... Under the mistletoe. I just gave my pin to Wanda and walked straight to the kitchen.

"Bonnie, can I help with anything? Like taste testing?" I suggested while she pulled the perfectly roasted turkey out of the oven.

"Um, do you want to grate some carrot for the salad? Just use the cheese grater. Its above the microwave," Bonnie instructed.

I looked above the microwave. That cabinet was seven and a half feet in the air, at least. Who puts important things up that high?

"Bucky!" I called. I knew he was in the kitchen somewhere. Or maybe in the "break room" behind it. After a moment, the tall, metal-armed soldier came into the kitchen.