24. Jemma

As Jane and I returned to my apartment, Bonnie announced that dinner was ready.

"Geez. Its already ten o'clock, and you still haven't eaten dinner," Jane mothered. "Where do you want Cassie?"

"I'll take her." I forced a smile as the weight of the cello fell onto my shoulders. I took it and the horse to my bedroom where Peter was showing Beatrix something on his phone.

"Hello, beauty," he beamed after I nearly dropped Cassie on my floor.

"Hello, my beast," I smiled. "Beatrix, I brought over Charlie and Cassie. I don't know if you want them, but I thought they might cheer you up. Also dinner is ready."

Peter hopped up, and rushed to grab my hand. Beatrix slowly trailed behind us, stopping dead in her tracks when she saw her mom.

"Not here to make a mess," Jane promised. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm not letting your dad back into my apartment until he cools down about all this. I'm not sure if this will make you come back any sooner, but I won't be mad if you decide that you need some space. I'm gonna go now. Goodbye, Beatrix."

"Bye, Mom," she smiled sadly. After a deep breath, she sighed, "let's eat."

~.~.~

"Okay. Um, Beatrix, do you want to sleep in the guest room?" I asked. "The only other option is the couch, and with the pregnancy and everything..."

"The guest room is the better option," Bea finished.

"Perfect." I showed her to the room next to Steve's. "There's extra pillows and blankets in the closet if you need them, and the bathroom is right across the hall. You know where my room is if you need me."

"Jemma, thank you for all of this. Really. I mean, I know that you and Peter wanted a special night together, and I totally intruded, but you welcomed me in anyway. So thank you," Beatrix smiled.

"Of course. And you really didn't intrude. We were just gonna watch some movies and go to sleep. You guys have school tomorrow, anyways," I said.

"I forgot about that," Beatrix sighed. "Oh well."

"Goodnight, Beatrix," I chuckled.

"Night."

I walked through the hallway, across the living room, and all the way down the other hallway to find Peter wearing nothing but a pair of sweatpants and reading a book that I could not see the cover of. I changed into an old tee and a pair of jammie shorts before snuggling up next to him.

You know what? I thought. This is my first real sleepover with a boy. I mean, besides Henry. But he's not like a boy. Well, he is, but I don't mean like that. Ugh. I am literally thinking right now. I know what I mean!

"Peter, I love you," I sighed, tracing his muscles with my fingers.

"I love you, too, Jemma. Now please stop, that tickles," Peter pleaded.

"Hmm," I sighed pensively, "only if you kiss me."

"I have a calc test tomorrow. You better not keep me up all night."

Peter gave a soft chuckle before pressing a small kiss to my forehead.

"No, I mean a real kiss," I insisted.

"You are quite difficult sometimes, you know that?" he teased. Peter shoved an old receipt in his book and leaned over me to put the book on the nightstand.

"Oh really?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Gosh, that's adorable," Peter sighed, making me blush.

"Shut up."

"Make me."

I shook my head, a smirk crossing my lips.

"Oh yeah? I will," I barely got the words out before pressing my lips to his in passion. In a way we've never really kissed. I mean we've kissed and stuff, but this was... Different.

"Aah!" shrieked Beatrix. "Okay. Sorry. I'll knock next time."

I looked at Peter apologetically. "I'll be right back."

I caught up to Beatrix, then tapped her shoulder. "Did you need anything?"

"I was wondering where the remote was... For the tv in the guest room."

"Top drawer of the dresser."

I flopped back down on my bed after locking my bedroom door and smirked, "Now, where were we?"