14. Jemma

"We can't turn to her for help. I promised her that she could live peacefully with her daughter and we wouldn't go to her with every little problem. I mean, she's my sister. We should just leave them alone," Regina ranted.

The nippy October air flew in the open library doors. Regina, who might have been sitting at one point, paced the room with her hands running through her, now messy, hair. I sat in Peter's lap in a bean bag chair adjacent to the couch that Beatrix was hogging. Henry leaned againt the couch, near her feet. David and Emma stood guard at the door so Regina couldn't simply avoid the awkward comversation. After a month of attempting to find a way home that didn't involve the uncomfortable contacts, we had all had enough if Regina's prancing around.

"Mom, we can run around like mad men searching for another way, we can turn to the actual mad man for help that he isn't guaranteed to give without holding someone hostage, or we can talk to your sister," Henry debated. "I mean, if we send Jemma, she would be more likely to help. Everyone knows she loves her. And Baby Robin is with you this week so you won't have to worry about her hands being full with her."

"I'm not letting Jemma go to that wicked witch alone," Peter argued. Then he turned to me. "Not that I don't think you can protect yourself, but I wouldn't even let Mr. Stark see her by himself."

"I go there by myself all the time, but if it makes you feel better, then I'll take Beatrix with me. She has powers, so if she pulls anything, Beatrix can fry her to a crisp. But she won't try anything because she loves me," I half- joked.

"That could work," Emma chimed in. "And you and I could be within earshot if something happens, Regina."

"Or not. You know how she gets with being lied to," I shrugged. "Just saying."

Realizing she lost this argument, Regina threw up her hands in defeat, saying, "All right. But if this goes horribly wrong, I told you so."

With a feeling of success filling the air, I jumped up and ran to the coat rack where I over excitedly slipped into my fiery colored pea coat. Peter came to me and gave me a big hug.

"Be safe, okay? I love you too much for me to accept your death," he teased.

"Hmm. I don't know. But you should probably kiss me for good luck, just in case," I smirked before Peter attempted to dip me in a kiss. I fell on my butt. As I rolled my eyes, Peter helped me up and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"Don't die."

"I make no promises," I smirked as I lead Beatrix towards Zelena's house.

A mirage of fiery colors floated from the tree tops to the slick, icey mud along the edge of the forest. Not expecting to have to go in the forest, I had opted for a brown pair of heeled leather boots when I got dressed that morning. I slipped and slid all over the place.

"Hold on, babe. I've gotcha," Beatrix promised. She caught me as I tripped over a camouflaged tree root.

"Thanks. I owe you one."

"Don't mention it."

"Speaking of not mentioning things, have you told Jane about the baby, yet?" I asked, ducking under an astray branch that Beatrix fit under just fine.

"No. But I think she's caught on. I mean, I've gained a little weight and I'm starting to show. It's not super obvious in my sweaters, which thankfully I can wear all the time, but I sleep in a cami and Spanx every night. She's bound to notice sometime," Beatrix shivered. I looked at her, and she was only wearing a big tee shirt and an over sized cardigan. No wonder she was cold.

"Here. Take my jacket," I insisted. Before she could reject, I had already undone the buttons and draped my coat around her shoulders. I was wearing Peter's hoodie underneath anyways.

"Awe. Thanks. You're such a gentleman," Beatrix joked.

"Well, I try," I giggled as we approached the little cottage in the woods.

From the outside, Zelena and Robin's cottage seemed normal. White paint with green shutters and trim that matched the porch swing and railing. Even inside seemed normal until you approached the emerald green wearing witch who lived inside. Beatrix, however, wouldn't let me get that far without holding my hand even though I already explained that Zelena loved me like a daughter.

"I still don't trust her," she muttered under her breath before I rang the doorbell.

The door swung open to reveal a frazzled ginger in an applesauce stained green shirt and an old pair of yoga pants. While she was obviously busy and stressed with who knows what before, her face lit up like a Christmas tree when she saw me.

"Jemma! Oh come in! Is this your new girlfriend? How wonderful! I'll make some tea. Or would you like coffee?" Zelena asked as she ushered Beatrix and I to her 70's floral print couch.

"I'm cool with whatever," I shrugged, even though Zelena already knew that. I was there all the time.

"Do you have herbal tea? Caffeine upsets my stomach," Beatrix requested.

"Oh sure. Is peppermint okay, or would you like camomile, or green tea, or lemon-"

"Peppermint is wonderful, thank you," I interrupted. She would have gone on for hours about her different kinds of tea. "Beatrix, has caffeine always made you sick?" Code for Is this just a pregnancy thing?

"No. Its actually a fairly recent issue." Yes. Stupid baby.

"I for one," Zelena started as she brought over three mugs, "would love to know how you two met."

"Funny story," Beatrix explained, "my boyfriend cheated on me with Jemma, and now they're dating, I'm pregnant with his child, and I have a new friend."

"He didn't cheat on you. He thought you were dead. And he didn't know you were pregnant, or we wouldn't be dating in the first place," I chuckled as I sipped my tea.

"Oh. You're one of those couples," Zelena epiphanized. Well, in her mind. I mostly let her think what she wanted to. "So how is life in town these days? Any new visitors?"

"That's actually what we came here to talk about," I confessed. "See, Beatrix and few others came looking for help from us because Lilith has invaded their world. Only she seems to have put up a protection spell or a trapping spell or something because we can't make a portal out of Storybrooke."

"I can use the sorcerer's wand!" Zelena volunteered. "Who is going?"

"Well, that you know, Henry, Beatrix, and I. But um, my boyfriend, Peter, my dad, Steve, and his girlfriend, Natasha," I began.

"My parents," Beatrix added, "Thor and Jane, and one of their friends, Clint."

"Oh that's nice. What world are you from?"

"Its called Marvel. Its where superheroes live," Bea explained.

"Oh," Zelena gasped. "And are you a superhero, too?"

"No," Beatrix chuckled. "I'm a demigod. But I do have powers. Super strength, weather control, and elemental control. And uncontrollable teleportation."

"Very interesting. Jemma, could you bring everyone over here in about an hour? I can get you to fight Lilith right when you get here," Zelena promised.

"Thanks, Zelena. And the tea was lovely," I smiled.

"Anytime, sweetheart. I'll see you soon."

Zelena walked us to the door, then Beatrix and I headed off into the forest.

"See. She's not bad," I promised.

~.~.~

With Peter's arms wrapped around me, Zelena wove the sorcerer's wand over her head. A green portal door appeared in the forest. In pairs, everyone crossed through the portal. Eventually, Peter and I walked hand and hand into Stark Tower.

"This is amazing," I sighed.

"I knew you'd love it," Peter smiled, pressing a kiss to my lips.