5. Henry

Words. Words. Words. The one thing I hated about the author was the randomly getting possessed by words that flew out of me. It usually happened during big tests like it was then. It was a pre-calc test that I had to retake from missing finals the year before. You'd think that being in an alternate dimension while saving the world would excuse you from finals, but that's the American public education system for you.

Beatrix stood alone on a rock in the ocean while Lilith flew above her, tempting her to fall in. Hundreds of deathly sea monsters infested the waters below her.

"What do you want with me, Lilith?" Beatrix screamed. The dragon breathed fire. "Yeah. That helps."

While transforming from dragon to human, Lilith created a small platform with her magic. "Oh, sweetheart. I want the hammer."

"Miss Owen, I know that this is the second time I've tried to take this test, but this is really important and could potentially save someone's life-"

"Go," Miss Owen huffed.

"Thanks."

I ran out of the classroom and headed straight to the library. I forced the pages into Thor's hands. When he read them, he gave them to Jane and they swapped looks of worry.

"This is worse than we thought," Jane whispered.

"What is it?" Steve asked. Him and Nat looked over the pages, and soon enough everyone had read them.

"Well, she's gonna die." Emma sighed.

"No she's not. I know Beatrix. She's probably going to punch Lilith in the face and tell her off in rap," Peter said.

"And I know Lilith. She has no self-control. Beatrix has next to no chance," Emma quarreled.

"Okay. No one truly knows both sides. Let's agree to disagree," Grandma intervened. "Look, I think all of the research is making everyone get a little cabin fever. Let's all have a little break and meet up for dinner to figure out everything else. Six o'clock at Granny's."

Peter and Jemma walked over to me. "We were gonna go to the Charmings and watch movies. Do you want to come?" Jemma offered. She stood there, no space between her and Peter, with their fingers interlocked.

"No thanks. I wouldn't want to be a third wheel," I replied.

"Wanda's coming," Jemma smiled. "Please? David doesn't want Peter and I to be alone, and Wanda doesn't want to feel all alone."

"Fine."

When we got to the apartment, I helped Jemma haul the bean bag chairs from her room to the living room while Peter connected her laptop to the TV and Wanda moved the couch out of the way. While Jemma was pulling up the illegally downloaded movie on her iTunes, Peter was leaning over her, pressing little kisses on her neck. It was gross.

"You know," Wanda started, "you and I could fake date for a while to make her jealous. Just an idea."

"I don't like Jemma that way, but thanks," I sighed.

"Sure." Wanda smiled, walking away.

Throughout the whole of Brother Bear, Jemma and Peter surprisingly did nothing. They cuddled on the couch while Wanda and I were on the bean bag chairs. But that's all they did: cuddle. In the week it had been since they met and became a thing, they had made out literally everywhere. Like seriously, get a room. I even checked the room for David possibly spying from an unseen corner. Nothing. I decided to enjoy it while it lasted.

The movie came to a close, so Jemma and Peter went up to her room. There it was. Sighing, I went into the fridge and got an apple.

"Wanda, do you want anything to eat or drink?" I asked. She walked over and sat at one of the stools by the counter.

"Can I have some water, please?" she asked.

I got a glass down and filled it with water before handing it to her.

"Thanks."

Wanda's accent was pretty. So was her bright red hair. But she was nothing compared to Jemma with her curls the color of wheat and gold with eyes that matched the sea. And Jemma's laugh that could brighten anyone's day. Her sweet as sugar smile, and her fiery temper. I'd known Jemma my whole life. Of course I loved her.

Suddenly, thunder cracked louder than any concert I'd been to in my life. It left as quickly as it came. I ran to the window to see what was going on.

A girl stood in the middle of the street. Her hair was full of static, as if she had been zapped there. She wore black skinny jeans, a black leather jacket, black combat boots, and had black pin straight hair to match. In one of her hands, she held a Starbucks. Beatrix.

I turned around and looked at Wanda. "Maybe I will take you up on that deal. The fake relationship."

"Okay," Wanda smiled.