Drowning!

Liza Jesse:

Nathan and Nataly left France in the first flight back to America. There was no way Nathan could stay after his clashes with each and everyone of us and the guys hitting him whenever they had the chance to.
I won't lie, I was happy seeing it. It made me feel cared for. They were only looking out for me. Even Rozy was overboard, she kept bumping her shoulder to his whenever she had the chance to. She was even changing her way just to stumble upon him, bump his shoulder then glare at him waiting for an opening and a chance to land her own fist somewhere in his body, but, surprisingly; I didn't give a damn to whatever he did or planned to do!
He might be an idiot, but I'm not.
First, my problem wasn't him, it was Martha. Second, I knew there was a high chance I'd bump into her in my stay here that if she didn't figure it out herself and sent someone to hunt me. After-all, she's my mother, whether I accept it or not. Furthermore, the short meeting I had with Ralf made my heart warm to him, the kid was amazing, he wasn't the usual shy kid type.

When we reached the Tuiliries and split into two groups because of my and Rozy's stupid fight, I stuck to a group made of Nathan Nataly, Mart, and me.
I was listening to Natatly speak about her love for music and her obsession that even when she's on bed, shutting her eyes to sleep, she'd be humming songs and that it's the first thing to popp in her head once she opens her eyes, that if she didn't dream of it, she even said that she joined a school to refine her voice but quit in 2 months cause it was too much study and conflicted with her preparations for college. All and all, my fight with Rozy was a chance for me to bond with someone worth looking at, although I've always wondered why Rozy hanged around with her, Mandy, and Ezabella, they turned out as acceptable, if not cool.

We were around the pond by then and I watched as Sith took pictures of Mart and Zack's stupid poses, before he stopped abruptly and launched at me, grabbing my arm harshly and telling me that I should fix whatever I had with Rozy, although it's Rozy that had a thing with me.
I stormed away from them to meet up with Nathan who declared that he'd be ditching us to meet with one of his father's friends. That's when Mart came back with the kid.
The kid, Ralf, was all on the 'Bonjour mademoiselle' and hand kissing act.
The moment Ralf's eyes landed on us, he kissed Nataly's hand causing her to burst in laughter, but he was smart enough to salute me with a big grin that showed his missing front upper teeth.
Maybe it's blood, but an invisible string just pulled us together. Ralf immediately turned to me asking for my name and age. Ralf is 7 years old, but he spoke like an adult, a thing mom gave all of us, be it genes, or whatever, it ran in the family. The weird thing is, although I generally hate kids, I liked Ralf.
Apparently, Ralf forced his mother to take him sightseeing for an essay at school about places he'd never forget, and they were decided on the Tuileries for that day, which Nathan, the family friend, knew about.
I noticed how his eyes were dark brown, on the border of being black, looking closer to mother and Rita's eyes, how his hair was pitch black although he had freckles that emphasized the French heritage he had. I liked how smooth and confident he was as he talked
Ralf told me about his school projects in supreme confidence making it look like the greatest achievement of humanity.
I never stopped laughing as I heard his exotic ideas. Blood would never turn to water!
It always courses through your body, thick, continuous and coherent. It's a bond that never rusts!

I didn't give much thought to the resemblance back then, but now I do, and; I'm actually planning on meeting him again, but not now. I'm still not ready to face Martha. As much as I liked Ralf, I hated how we shared the maternal genes, but never shared the mother. How she is a good mother for him, but a cold-blooded stranger to me. How she got married right after her divorce telling by Ralf's age and even-more had a child I never knew of. On top of that, I never managed to look into her face without having gruesome flashbacks of things I'd pay half my life if not all, to erase or at least accept. I still feel that lump lodiging in my throat and blocking it. I still feel the spinning in my head, I still feel my body falling and going limp. It's still the same, and she's the parent I hated less!