Chapter 29 ~ Katelyn's Secret

The next day, I was feeling well enough to get out of bed for the rest of the day. Melody came to visit me that morning.

"How are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm fine, thanks. How's everyone else?" I asked.

"Everyone's fine." As soon as those words left her mouth, I heard the sound of Pat yelling, and a large thud.

"What was that?" I asked Melody.

"I don't know. Let me go check." She went back downstairs to where everyone was. After a moment, she came back up holding in laughter.

"What happened?" I asked.

Melody tried to explain. "So apparently Pat was ogling Naomi and trying to flirt with her, and Leo came in and just smacked him hard enough to knock him on the floor, and when I got there, Pat was on the floor crawling out of the room in shame."

"Heh," I chucked. "That's Pat alright."

"In any case, are you ready to come downstairs?" She asked.

I nodded, and we headed downstairs together. When we arrived, Pat was sitting in the corner rubbing his head. Chris and Leo were arguing again, and Naomi was talking with Aphmau and Lucinda. Garroth and Laurance could be heard training outside, and Luna was relaxing in the corner, or at least the closest thing to relaxing that a ghost can achieve.

"Lexi~Chan! You're finally up!" Naomi greeted me.

"Well, glad to see you're finally up beautiful." Pat said in a sultry tone. Melody took one look at him and smacked him upside the head for me. Pat groaned and rubbed his head and he seemed to take the hint.

Garroth and Laurance came back in, and we had breakfast together. We talked about what happened while I was out, and then Lucinda started asking Pat a few questions.

"How long are you planning to stay Pat?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. In all honesty I didn't think I would stay this long." He replied.

Aphmau was staring intently at him. Her eyes were fixed on his appearance, and something about the look in her eyes indicated that he seemed familiar to her.

"Tell me Pat, how were you and Lexi able to fend off that many Shadow Knights until we could arrive?" Aphmau asked in refrence to Naomi's rescue.

"Well, Lexi and I make a pretty great team." He recieved a few glares from Melody, myself, and even Chris to my surprise.

"Was that it?" She asked.

"Pretty much, why?"

"My appologies, it's just that you remind me of old friends." Aphmau explained.

"Aphmau, who would that be?" Laurance asked.

"It's........nothing, nevermind. It's impossible anyways." Aphmau brushes it aside.

"Welp, I think I'll head out. Stay safe you guys." Pat headed towards the door. Lucinda had begaun to stare at Pat intently. She fished out a potion, and splashed it onto the floor.

A legion of Shadow Knights surrounded us. They grabbed us tightly, and I was unable to free myself and fight. By the looks of it, everyone else was in the same boat. All, except for Pat.

Pat turned around just as a group of five Shadow Knights surrounded him. He looked at us with pleading eyes as we struggled to break free. He hung his head low, and transformed.

His horns appeared on the side of his head, and his skin turned a purplish tint. His scythe appeared in hand, and he attacked the five Shadow Knights that surrounded him. They all dissapeared at the touch of his scythe, much to our confusion. Even Pat seemed to be surprised. After those five dissapeared, so did the rest that held us back.

"What the?" Garroth asked in confusion.

"An illusion, courtesy of moi." Lucinda explained. "I just needed to test Pat to confirm my suspicions."

"S-Suspisions?" Pat asked as his human form returned to him.

"Aphmau was right, you do seem familiar, but it's impossible for you to be related to them, but you've proven to have traces of them in your blood."

"W-What?" Pat asked.

"Lucinda, what's going on?" I asked

"Pat here appears to have the blood of two of our old friends running through him....."

"Y-You don't mean........" Laurance began.

Lucinda nodded. "I can sense the blood of Travis and Katelyn running through him, and the form he just showed us is proof of his connection to Travis. Well, that and his flirtatious personality."

"B-But that's impossible!" Garroth said. "You and Aphmau said that Katelyn and Travis died in fighting the Shadow Lord."

"Well......I do remember Katelyn acting weird a few months before the fight. She started getting sick more often, and she and Travis were acting a bit strange. Whenever we would travel by boat during that time, Katelyn would get extremely sea sick."

"But didn't Katelyn hate Travis?" Laurance asked.

"Not necessarily. Even I could tell there was more to her feelings for him. She must've hid this secret well." Lucinda replied.

Melody, Luna, Naomi, Chris, Leo, Pat, and I looked at them with a confused look.

"What are you saying?" Luna asked.

"What I'm saying is this," Lucinda explained. "Katelyn and Travis may have been hiding more from us than we thought."

"You mean something like," Naomi began.

Lucinda nodded. "Something like a child.....and it wouldn't be above them to keep it a secret."

A/N So I've been a bit high strung lately, and I'm starting to stress myself out again, which is why I haven't been too active lately. Anyway, class is starting in four minutes, so I have to go. See ya guys next chapter! Bye /)^3^(\