Chapter 18 ~ A Heart of Gold

I had taken a short nap after my chat with Luna. When I woke up, it was morning. I got out of bed, and I went into Lucinda's kitchen. Everyone else was already having breakfast. Well, everyone except for Luna. She hung around, chatting with everyone else.

"How are you doing, Lexi?" Melody asked.

"I'm fine, thanks." I replied.

"Wimp......" Chris muttered under his breath, eating his breakfast.

"Idiot......." I muttered back.

I grabbed a bit of soup that Lucinda had made. I swore that I saw a spider eye in the soup.

"Well thanks to Luna, we have the means to reopen the portal to the Irene dimension. However, Garroth Ro'Meave is not the only one who is locked in the Irene Dimension. His brother, Zane Ro'meave, is also with him. Zane is a monster, and we can only hope he doesn't come out of the portal." Lucinda said.

"But," Laurance added. "In the worse case senario that Zane does emerge from the portal, we need to be prepared to fight. So, we have a surprise for you guys."

"We took the liberty of providing you guys with some better weapons." Lucinda finished.

Everyone had mixed feelings about this. While Chris seemed skeptical about new weapons, the rest of us were fine with it.

"Melody, I enchanted a crossbow for you to use. It'll be easier for you to fire arrows."

Melody took hold of the crossbow, which had a purple aura. "Thank you Lucinda."

Lucinda smiled. "Try firing an arrow."

Melody fired an arrow at the wall. The arrow set on fire, and Laurance was prepared to quickly put the fire out.

"Wow!" Melody was surprised.

Lucinda smiled. "I added a flame and infinity enchantment on the crossbow."

"Thank you!"

"Lexi, we made you a pair of daggers for you to use, and made them as sharp as we could." Laurance said as he handed me two blue daggers.

"They're made out of lazuli stones we found in the mines. They also work as throwing knives in a worse case scenario." Laurance added.

"Thank you." I replied.

"Now Chris, we know that you might not like a new weapon, so I cast a smite and sharpness enchantment on Cadenza's sword." Lucinda told Chris.

"Thank you for considering that." Chris replied, holding the sword in his hands. "This is going to be great......."

"Naomi~Chan isn't sure she's ready for combat. She wasn't much help last time." Naomi commented.

"I don't think so. Your agility allowed you to dodge most of my attacks when I wasn't myself. We figured these might help you." Laurance handed Naomi a pair of gloves, with sharp knives at the fingertips.

"I noticed you used your claws to attack. The knives at the end of the gloves will help you deal more damage with your attacks."

"Thank you Laurance~Kun and Lucinda~Chan!" Naomi hugged the two.

"We made something for Leo too." Lucinda said.

"I think I'll be fine. I am a werewolf after all." Leo replied.

"I know, but just in case, we made an axe for you out of the spare lazuli stones from the mines." Lucinda handed him an axe.

"Very well, thank you." Leo said.

"I'll be helping out behind the scenes, scaring off what ever comes our way." Luna added.

"Well with that, I guess we're ready to go." Lucinda said.

"I can't wait, I'll finally see my bro after centuries." Laurance commented.

"I can't wait to meet him. He sounds like a nice person." Luna replied.

We left for the quartz portal. We prepared the ritual to open the realm barrier. Laurance stood in front of it, ritual knife in hand.

Laurance slit his wrist, and a red wisp came out. The other ingredients activated, and the portal filled with a red aura. Laurance fell to the ground, and the portal finally opened.

We tried to help Laurance to his feet. His eyes changed from red to blue, indicating that he had lost his immortality.

A figure came out of the portal, causing the realm barrier to close immediately after he crossed. We raised our weapons just in case Zane was the one who came out of the portal. But the figure collapsed onto the floor, obviously tired and wounded.

We rushed to the figure on the floor. His eyes were closed, and his blond hair was stained with blood. He held a diamond sword in his hand. Laurance and Lucinda rushed to his aid, and I could only assume that the man who had come out of the portal was Garroth.

"We need to get him home! He's in a horrible condition!" Lucinda panicked.

"Hang in there bro." Laurance muttered.

We all helped carry the unconscious Garroth back to Lucinda's house where he could be healed properly. Luna flew ahead to check for any monsters along out path.

I could only hope that Garroth would make it out of this ordeal alive..........

A/N Hey guys! I'm trying to get back to a regular uploading schedule, so I'll try to update on the weekends. Anyway, school has started, and I'm already tired. This is what I get for taking PE at 6:40 in the morning. But, I digress. Leave your thoughts in the comments below, I really enjoy reading them :3 And I'll see you guys next chapter! Bye /)^3^(\