Chapter 21 ~ A Ship at Sea

Lucinda had left to contact her friend Hailey. We were happy to finally have a direction in this impromptu rebellion. It seemed as if we would finally have a chance to purge the darkness back from its ugly origin. I could only hope that we'd be able to change the course of this world.

The boys had decided to spar together. I felt bad for Garroth and Laurance for having to deal with Chris and Leo's petty arguments. We girls decides to help Aphmau unwind. After all, she was trapped in stone for almost a thousand years.

Lucinda had built a small fireplace in her home. Melody, Aphmau, Luna, Naomi and I lit a small fire and huddled around it with a cup of warm milk. We began to make small talk, and Aphmau began to smile a bit.

"Naomi~Chan is happy that Aphmau~Senpai is feeling better!" Naomi chirped.

"Thank you Naomi......" She let out a distant sigh.

"Is Aphmau~Senpai okay?" Naomi asked.

"Yes Naomi......It's just that you remind me of my friend Kawaii~Chan so much......"

"Was Kawaii~Chan a good friend?" Naomi asked.

"Yes. She was also an amazing baker such as yourself. The only difference besides your appearance is that you don't ship people." Aphmau said.

"Who says she doesn't?" Melody chimed in.

"Melody~Sama!" Naomi yelled indignantly.

"It's true. Wait until she gets comfortable around you, and she'll start shipping you. She's the only reason I know what that term means."

"Oh, really?" Aphmau chuckled.

"Yeah.......Naomi~Chan even has a ship for Lexi~Chan!"

I felt my heart skip a beat. "Wait, what?"

"Yeah! Does Lexi~Chan want to know who Naomi~Chan ships her with?" Naomi asked me.

"I wanna know." Luna had a smug smile on her face.

"I'm not listening to this!" I covered my ears. 

I saw Naomi's mouth move. I could only assume that she'd said the name of the person she shipped me with. Aphmau seemed confused, meanwhile Melody and Luna laughed.

"Can I uncover my ears?" I asked.

Melody nodded.

"So, who else do you ship?" Luna asked.

"Hmm. Naomi~Chan's other ships have sunk, and she doesn't know Aphmau~Senpai, Garroth~Kun and Laurance~Kun to start shipping them."

"What about the other boy?" Aphmau asked innocently.

Naomi~Chan's face flushed. "N-Naomi~Chan doesn't want to talk about that ship."

"Why not?" I pried.

"It has . . . special meaning to Naomi." Melody said. I understood, and we steered clear of that subject.

"Do you think we'll be able to change anything?" I asked.

"I hope so. It won't hurt to try, will it?" Melody replied.

"We'll do our best. Maybe we'll be able to gather enough support to shatter the Shadow Lord's rule." Luna added.

"And then everyone that baka persecuted will be free to live in Ru'aun again!" Naomi~Chan gleefully added.

"I'm glad to see that everyone has such a good outlook on the situation. Lucinda was right to trust you guys." Aphmau smiled.

Lucinda walked into the room. Her owl Bigglesworth flew close behind her.

"Is everything okay Lucinda?" Aphmau asked.

Lucinda nodded. "She's on her way here. Follow me."

We walked outside of the house and to the docks, where the boys were already staring at a large ship on the crystal blue waters.

"What's going on?" Laurance asked.

Lucinda smiled. "Hailey said she'd bring . . . reinforcements to help us out."

As we stared at the large ship, I could only wonder if this "help" Hailey brought would assist us.

But I suppose they were the only help we could get........

A/N GUESS WHO HAS A THREE DAY WEEKEND?! THIS GIRL!! I'm going to spend that time working on book 3 of TCW (which I will release in December for reasons) Aside from TCW, I'm happy to say that I THINK I've worked out the writers block that's been plaguing this book ^_^ I'll try my best to update this book every week, and I'll work on the other book whenever I get the chance. Anyway, I'll see you next chapter. Bye /)^3^(\

P.S: This clown situation in the US is getting out of hand :/