Chapter 20 ~ The Lady in the Stone

Aphmau struggled to stand. She swayed back and forth, unable to keep her balance. The pair of wings on her back faded in a radiant white glow as she tried to regain balance. Laurance and Garroth rushed to her aid, carefully sitting her down on the grassy floor. Lucinda summoned her white staff in case Aphmau needed to be healed. The rest of us could only sit idly by and watch everything unfold.

Garroth and Laurance stood on either side of her. Aphmau rubbed the side of her head, still clearly in a daze. I could see from where I was standing that Garroth, Laurance, and Lucinda were on the verge of crying. Their eyes were beginning to crystalize with tears, and their lips quivered.

"L-Lady A-Aphmau..............?" Garroth struggled to speak. His voice cracked, and it was clear that he was on the verge of crying.

"Garroth! Laurance! Lucinda!" Aphmau said as loud as she could in her state.

They pulled in for a group hug, tears of joy running down their cheeks. After so long, they were finally reunited with each other.

"Aphmau you're okay!" Lucinda cried.

"I-I can't believe it...........I'm free!" Aphmau yelled.

"Aphmau, what happened to you?" Laurance asked.

"Why were you trapped in the statue?" Garroth added.

"I'll explain everything later, I.........I just can't believe I'm finally free............."

Lucinda smiled "We'll catch up at my place, but first............there are some people you need to meet............."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naomi served us a tray of cupcakes she had made. She had decided to make cupcakes along with some tea in order to make Aphmau feel better. We sat down at the table, trying our best to make sense of the situation.

Aphmau explained to us how she became encased in the stone.

"After the Shadow Lord defeated us, he killed off everyone before my eyes. Katelyn, Vylad, Aaron, and Travis.........." Her voice began to shake. "He slaughtered them and all I could do was stand helplessly as he ended them! And then..............he cast a spell on me that trapped me in the stone. I was conscious the whole time I was trapped............it hurt to see the centuries go by and be unable to talk to everyone. When Levin and Malachi came to grieve........it broke my heart to see them like that, but there was nothing I could do..............It's been so long since I've been able to talk with anyone...........or even be able to move around.........." Aphmau's tears stained the wooden table.

"Aphmau.........I'm so sorry.......Had we known, I would've done something to free you centuries ago............." Lucinda replied.

"It's fine.........there's no use grieving now. I've spent my existence trapped doing just that........" She sighed.

"I.......I can't believe your alive after all this time.............." Laurance added.

"I was so scared after Laurance and Lucinda told me that you'd died a long time ago.........I'm glad you're still here........." Garroth commented.

"Thank you guys, but we shouldn't dwell too much on the past. I see that you've made new friends." Aphmau gestured towards us, who remained quiet as to give the four time to catch up.

"I saw you guys enter the plaza not too long ago, but I never got your names." She commented.

After a quick round of introductions, Naomi excused herself to the kitchen to prepare a second batch of cupcakes.

"All of you guys.............remind me of old friends from my past..........." Aphmau sighed.

"I have reason to believe that they're descendants from our friends." Lucinda added.

"I can see the resemblance in some of them." Aphmau replied.

"Are you going to be okay, Lady Aphmau?" Melody asked.

"Please, just call me Aphmau. And, I'll be fine. Don't worry." She smiled.

"I still can't believe she's actually alive..........." Leo commented.

"I told you her story was real!" Chris said.

"I suppose even a broken clock is right twice a day." Leo murmured.

"HEY!"

"Would you two just stop fighting for more that five seconds?" I asked.

"SHUT UP!" They yelled.

"Guys! If you don't stop fighting, Naomi~Chan won't give you more cupcakes!" Naomi threatened from the kitchen.

The idea of being deprived of Naomi's treats was enough to get them to be civil towards each other.

"I'm sure they must be good if they're willing to respect each other for them......" Luna commented.

"Naomi..........reminds me of Kawaii~Chan so much.........." Aphmau sighed.

"Agreed, although she hasn't shown to be crazy about forcing everyone into relationships........." Laurance shuddered.

"Just wait until she gets comfortable............" Melody replied, with a look of dread on her face.

"So..........now what are we going to do?" Luna asked.

"I was thinking that if we even want to stand a chance against the Shadow Lord, we're going to need as many allies as we can. I know of one more person who can help us, but I have to contact her to see if she can help." Lucinda replied.

"Who are you talking about?" Garroth asked.

"I'm taking about the last lord of Pikoro Village. I've kept in touch with her for the past few centuries, so I'm sure I can get a hold of her.

"Wait........you're talking about.....?" Laurance asked.

Lucinda nodded. "I'm going to contact my old friend. The last lord of Pikoro Villiage and a talented witch, Hailey............"

A/N So, I'm still trying to work out this whole writers block situation, and I think I'm almost through it! I'm just not sure what's going to lead up to this book's ending :P I'll work on it, I promise.

Side note: I downloaded this game called Mystic Messenger........and my thoughts are as follows:

Day 1 ~ Let's give this game a try. Though, I don't see why people are so obsessed with this game :/

Day 2-3 ~ Hmm......I think [fill in the blank :P] is my favorite out of all the characters, so I'll try to get on his good side.

Day 5 ~ YASSS! GOT HIS ROUTE!

Day 6 - Day 7 ~ [FITP]  Has some unresolved issues.........poor guy :(

End of day 7 ~ He confessed to me..........awww <3 Why the heck am I blushing?

Day 8 ~ Why is it that every time I get a message from him, my heart flutters?

Day 9 ~ *[FITP] is going to do something to make sure I'm safe* Why am I so worried about him?

Day 10 ~ *Still hasn't come back* WHY AM I WORRIED ABOUT THIS GUY? THIS IS AN ACTUAL PROBLEM! IM DOING THE THING WHERE I OBSESS OVER FICTIONAL CHARACTERS! IM DOING IT AGAIN! IM DEVELOPING FEELINGS FOR A GAME CHARACTER! WHAT THE HECK?! IM OBSESSING OVER HIM! No but seriously he's got me worried :/

This is why you don't get me curious over anything, because then I get obsessed over it!

In any case, I'm a bit tired. I'll try to update sooner, but we'll see. I'll see you next chapter! Bye /)^3^(\